Marketing Manager Peterborough (or based in Midlands and South of England)
Central Office staff work closely with schools, offering a wealth of expertise to underpin schools’ own knowledge. Our specialist departments, including HR, finance, technology, strategy and performance, estates, and marketing, work alongside dedicated school improvement teams. By joining us, you will provide ongoing support to schools, ultimately improving the outcomes of our pupils.
The Marketing Manager will be responsible for supporting the marketing of a number of our schools in the Midlands and South of England. The successful candidate will be based in the Peterborough office at least once a week with frequent travel to their portfolio of schools.
This is a really varied role with an opportunity to work with Senior Leaders such as Head Teachers and Regional Directors to set marketing strategies and support with the implementation of marketing plans.
You will be expected to spend time in all of your schools supporting their marketing strategy to increase pupil and staff recruitment, support retention and build their reputation in the local area. Using data and insight you will have a clear understanding of the target audience, their communication needs and will work with the Head teachers to ensure they are using appropriate channels to best promote their school.
As a growing group of schools, this role will also take responsibility for new schools joining the group in the Midlands and South of the country. This includes potential re-branding, ensuring United Learning brand guidelines are met, designing templates and setting up new websites with our web development team.
You will also support the Head of Marketing with developing reports for the schools in our Independent portfolio; collating enquiry data and market and competitor information in order to suggest appropriate marketing strategies.
The successful candidate will have:
- Three years working in a marketing role, ideally in a school setting but not essential. Multi-site / regional marketing experience would also be an advantage
- People management skills and experience essential
- Ability to think strategically and experience of devising a marketing strategy and implementation of the marketing plan with clear evidence of success essential
- Experience in planning and implementing SEO and social media strategies essential
- Sound knowledge and experience of maintaining websites and CMS knowledge essential, web development skills desirable but not essential
- Technical auditing of websites preferable but not essential
- Planning and executing successful Ad Word and PPC campaigns essential
- Excellent knowledge of social media platforms essential
- Excellent InDesign and Photoshop skills required
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build strong relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
- Photography, video and editing experience welcome but not essential
We can offer:
- 26 days holiday
- Competitive salary
- Contributory pension scheme
- Occupational sick pay
- Over 250 employee exclusive benefits through our partners, Perkbox including access to childcare vouchers, discounted gym memberships, car leasing and Cyce2work schemes.
- Access to coaching and mentoring
- A supportive team across the country
United Learning is a large, and growing, group of schools aiming to offer a life changing education to children and young people across England.
Our schools work as a team and achieve more by sharing than any single school could. Our subject specialists, our Group-wide intranet, our own curriculum and our online learning portal all help us share knowledge and resource, helping to simplify work processes and manage workloads for an improved work-life balance.
As a Group, we can reward our staff better: with good career opportunities, benefits, and ultimately, the satisfaction of helping children to succeed. We invest in our staff wellbeing. It's an ethos we call ‘the best in everyone’.
United Learning is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All positions are subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
For more information
For a confidential discussion about this role, please contact Kerry Dair: 01832 864 493 or Kerry.email@example.com
Please apply online by clicking on the following link https://unitedlearning.current-vacancies.com/Jobs/Advert/1420239?cid=1567
Where support is better shared
United Learning comprises: UCST (Registered in England No: 2780748. Charity No. 1016538) and ULT (Registered in England No. 4439859. An Exempt Charity). Companies limited by