Funko EMEA Overview
Funko is a $500m global business with ambitious growth plans. The EMEA market currently stands at £100m, but has massive potential for growth. Funko’s subsidiary, Funko EMEA, formerly Underground Toys, is a provider of award winning toys and entertainment products under licensed brands that include Star Wars, Harry Potter, Marvel, DC Comics and Rick & Morty. Funko EMEA’s HQ can be found in brand-new, state-of-the-art offices in Hammersmith whilst its distribution centres are based in Maldon, Essex and mainland Europe. At Funko, we have a diverse and collaborative culture with a propensity for action whilst always striving to have FUN!
What You’ll Do:
- Assist Head of Marketing EMEA with the overall marketing strategy for EMEA
- Collaborating with Licensors
- This will include but will not be limited to supporting new product launches, supporting special events, creating collaborative initiatives
- Collaborating with Retailers
- This will include but will not be limited to supporting the creation of bespoke Point of Sale designs, creating web banners, running competitions
- Promote the branding guidelines that are adhered across Funko, internally and externally
- Coordinating and working closely with the Product Development team and the Marketing team to obtain the required assets to execute marketing plans
- Align campaigns and ensure Funko gives clients the best brand experience
- Creating innovative ways to reach the wider audience
- Attending and supporting key industry events including; MCM London, Comic Con and other Ad-hoc events.
- Identifying PR opportunities and working closely with both trade and consumer press.
- Creating internal communication materials such as eNewsletters, Crib Sheets and the Entertainment Calendar on a monthly basis.
- Working closely with the EMEA Regional Sales Managers to ensure they are provided adequate marketing support in their region(s)
- Liaise with Samples team for stock allocations towards marketing campaigns.
- Running Amazon Marketing Services in the UK
What You’ll Bring:
- Extensive/Proven experience in marketing role
- Experience of working in a fast-paced reactive environment
- Adobe Photoshop (preferable)
- Highly motivated individual with client focus
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- A creative-eye and high attention to detail
- Resilience and tenacity – able to remain effective and focused under pressure and overcome obstacles
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Copywriting skills
- This is a fantastic opportunity within a rapidly expanding business, which is on track for phenomenal growth
- The opportunity to help grow something from a relatively small base within a highly buoyant marketplace
- Excellent promotional opportunities as the business grows
- Outstanding culture, which is fun, dynamic and constantly evolving
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Working hours: Monday to Friday 9am-5:30pm