Head of Data & Analytical Solutions - Management Consultancy
7 days left
- Job Role
- Head of Insight
This International Management Consultancy specialises in Data Science, Marketing CRM, analytics and insight solutions. Those solutions can be a mixture of structure, capabilities, people and the technology platforms which empower best-in-class data centric, analytics insight capabilities.
They're seeking a subject matter expert in the form of the Head of Data & Analytics Solutions, to be their thought leader in all things Big Data, marketing analytics and insight. Joining them in a role which support the pre-sales consultancy piece, working with clients to understand their business problem, then applying your wealth of experience to devise appropriate data, tech and manpower solutions which unlock their potential.
This will be a client facing position, working with Tier 1 banks, telcos and professional services businesses, working as the 'expert in the room' for all things customer and CRM data, as well as the technology solutions which empower them.
The idea is for you to provide the best solution to meet the client's need - and that will be a mixture of manpower and technology - with solutions covering the likes of CRM database solutions for inbound or outbound marketing, data capture, storage and analysis, personalisation capabilities, predictive analytics, marketing effectiveness solutions and/or Big Data solutions. So you will be working from a completely solution agnostic perspective - not tied to any proprietary platform of technology provider.
Your key client stakeholders will be Chief Data Officers, Analytics and Insight Directors, Chief Data Scientists, Heads of Analytics, etc. frequently working with big firms looking to either switch into a data led strategy, or those looking to achieve a step-change in capability, so are looking to you to be able to effectively evaluate needs and propose the right solution.
Despite needing to know the various tools of the trade, and around what circumstances you'd thereby recommend a SAS solution over SPSS or R, this isn't a techie role! Being able to understand the business problem, evaluate what's there currently and design the appropriate solution to match made up of people, tech capability, identifying for the client any issues or hurdles which may need managing and providing solutions which can negate these too.
Your role will be confirmed as 'home based', but the expectation of this is to be based from client site or the Consultancy's own offices in Bristol for up to 3 days a week. Clients are principally London centred, but can also be based anywhere in the UK, Stockholm and Zurich. The other 2 days per week you will literally be based at home. Any business related travel is naturally expensed.
Upon client instruction, you will be responsible for scoping the solution and its design, before handing it over to a project team to see out delivery, with you overseeing periodically to ensure it's on-track and will achieve the client's business objectives.
It's important, because of the nature of this role, you're the kind of person who is able to work in unstructured environments and know how to probe clients to get the best out of them in order to drive the required solution design that meets their needs.
You will have the back-up support of other SME's who cover other international territories and the business has a strong ongoing pipeline of prospective opportunities with clients they need your help securing through a knowledge-based consultancy approach.
It's important to highlight this is not a sales based role. You will be supporting sales teams responsible for commercial negotiations and closing. Your remit is to be their subject matter expert in all things data.
Role Title - Head of Data & Analytical Solutions - Management Consultancy
Location - Home based with both national, London (lot of clients based here) and International travel
Salary - £90,000 to £110,000
Benefits: Bonus 25%, pension, healthcare, life assurance and lots more.
- MUST have experience working for either one of the Big 4 within the CRM/Analytics consultancy teams, or within the likes of IBM, Accenture where there's a real pedigree of capability in this space too
- You can hold your own with very senior level analytics and insight specific executives within big businesses and aren't afraid to get technical in conversations discussing the pro's and con's of taking a specific approach to segmentation or modelling techniques to achieve the desired results - basically, you can talk shop when you need to and be credible in that conversation
- You're tool agnostic and able to devise the right approach and toolset given the issue at hand
- You've held a client facing role before, helping to define and understand a business' issues relating to sales and marketing challenges which can be solved through a data led approach
- You've got a great understanding of the various technologies out there, the benefits and drawbacks of each in solving business challenges
- You're able to demonstrate not just a technology first approach, but a business solution focus to properly understand the challenge and opportunity a company has and how it can be supported and solution provided through better technology/capabilities - not the other way around
- You get things like churn analysis, pricing analytics, retention analysis and the likes and can speak about cross-industry best practice to various clients
- You've scoped requirements before for a business and are able to demonstrate where you've been responsible for embedding new technology capabilities like SAS, SPSS, R, SQL, Pega, Choridant, Unica, or Big Data solutions like Hadoop, MongoDB etc, etc. or visualisation tools like Tableau, Qlikview, etc.
- Must be able to live and work in the EEA region with no sponsorship needs.
For further information please contact:
You can review similar vacancies on our website: www.bluepelican.com
Apply for Head of Data & Analytical Solutions - Management Consultancy
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly