Data Manager - Marketing/Customer Experience Insight
2 days left
- Job Role
- Data Analyst
Working for one of the biggest consumer brands in the UK, you will be joining their customer insight and analytics function. Managing a broad set of stakeholders, responsible for pulling together data from various sources across the business. Including attitudinal and opinion based research data as well as customer behavioural and product usage data, to create data marts for the analytics team to mine for gems of actionable insight.
You will be handling raw data - extracting, manipulating and quality controlling it, ensuring it's fit for purpose and compliant. Then transforming it for use by the data and analytics function, making sure the data is available in the right format and timeframe to meet business stakeholder needs.
Ideally, you've had experience working with complex customer data sets for a business that has a large customer base or complex product/service offering. The business here is one of scale, servicing the needs of tens of millions of customers all across the UK on a daily basis.
You will also be the kind of person who is comfortable engaging business stakeholders, dealing with their requests, translating business requirements into code and carrying out the work, using SQL Server, Oracle and Microsoft.
Adaptability is key here, as they use a multitude of different sources of data scrapped from many different teams who operated on a range of different system types. So would really suit someone who is a quick learner and able to pick up and use new software tools quickly too, including SAS and SPSS.
On top of managing data requests, and meeting the regular data demands for what is a team in demand by the business, you will also be looking at data quality and accuracy.
So whilst there will be lots of requests for data, both scheduled and ad-hoc in nature, you've got to be able to prioritise these, working with the business stakeholders and managing their expectations, whilst also ensuring delivery is being met at the appropriate quality and standard too.
Your measures of success will be:
- Delivering to timescale as well as at the appropriate quality to meet the business' needs
- Establishing yourself as the 'go to' person within the team for any customer data requirements
- Your work output meets wider stakeholder needs too - especially around the ad-hoc requests which often come from senior business executives
This is a very reputable and prolific consumer services brand who provide multiple service offerings to tens of millions of people every day. They have offices located all across the UK and a workforce close to 100,000 people.
If you're interested in finding out more about this opportunity, why not apply today?
Role: Data Manager
Salary: £35,000 to £45,000
Benefits: 10% bonus, pension, flex-bens package, 25 days leave
- Solid background in data management - working with large-scale, complex data environments
- Sound hands-on skills with SQL Server, Oracle SQL/Microsoft SQL
- Knowledge of SAS/SPSS beneficial
- Good knowledge of ETL processes
- Great expertise in data quality standards and data security principals aligned with GDPR requirements
- Must have the necessary visas to live and work in the UK - sponsorship cannot be provided.
For further information please contact:
Managing Consultant - Blue Pelican Marketing
01892 507 100
You can view all our vacancies on our web site www.bluepelican.com, or call 01892 507 100 and ask for the marketing division.
Apply for Data Manager - Marketing/Customer Experience Insight
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly