SQL Database Analyst
SQL Database Analyst – Retail Insights – London – circa £30K + bonus & benefits
Who will I work for? A high profile global retail insights and business intelligence consultancy based in fabulously well-appointed London offices. There’s a refreshingly dynamic vibe and very collaborative set up between the various teams too!
What’s the Opportunity? As SQL database analyst you’ll be trusted with some of the most sensitive information in the UK today. Your ability to work conscientiously and with hawk like accuracy is really important here. Working with confidential information brings its own rewards and the work will be interesting! On a daily basis you’ll be responsible for weekly and monthly data cycles, processing client data and ensuring all production processes run smoothly and accurately. This will also include support of their SQL Server back end and some exposure to their Tableau/Liferay front-end.
This is actively an environment working together and personal development is also positively encouraged here. You’ll have no chance to get bored! Excitingly you’ll be working across a massive retail insight sector and if you’ve any experience within a financial environment - for example banking, financial analytics etc, you’ll be especially of interest!
There’s plenty to gain and learn in this role - if you have a good analytics foundation to work from they’ll help you build the rest!
What skills will I need to bring?
- Analytical abilities – strong attention to detail and a genuine pride in getting it right!
- Sound experience of T-SQL – able to write queries, use for data analysis and manipulate data
- Strong communication skills – you’ll be talking to clients on the phone and via email. They’ll want to know you’re a safe pair of hands and that you care about their business
- Confident user of Excel (Any VBA skills welcome but not essential – this is something you can develop)
- Any experience of Tableau or other Data Visualisation tools welcome but not essential - again training will be given)
- Intuitive and able to spot patterns and trends in data – having not just a great mathematical brain but also having ‘guts you can trust’!
What’s it in for me? You’ll be joining some of the best ‘brains’ in data and insight in a company whose work is pivotal to some of the key decisions made in commercial Britain every day. Lots of new skills can be learned and rustier skills brought up to speed!
Salary: circa £30K plus annual company bonus and a generous range of benefits. Location wise you’ll have access to shops, bars, eateries, gyms and public spaces which are all within easy reach of the office…
Sounds great how do I apply? Hit apply or Email your CV now! apply@NewPageRecruitment.com We’ll be right back with you to discuss next steps (and if you’re not quite right we’ll see what else we have for you or let you know if we can’t help).
Apply for SQL Database Analyst
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly