Product Marketing Development Manager
Marie Stopes International (MSI) is a global organisation providing client-centred contraception and safe abortion/post abortion care services to women and girls. Our local teams of 13,000 professionals are passionate about the work they do in communities across 37 countries. The services we provide give a woman the power to choose when she has children so that she is free to pursue her plans and dreams for herself and her family.
A fantastic opportunity is available for a dynamic Product Marketing Development Manager to join our Marketing team
Our Social Marketing team is responsible for selling and distributing our range of medical abortion/post abortion care and sexual reproductive health (SRH) products and our Marketing team creates ground breaking behavioural change initiatives Both of these teams operate to the standards, processes and tools you expect to find in any commercial brand building business. In this role, you will be responsible for developing our global product portfolio and next generation Sexual Reproductive Health (SRH) innovations and their associated product marketing & business development campaigns. You will work closely with senior leaders in country to formulate and implement product launch plans, create the market development strategy, and work with suppliers and supply chain on product development. You will be stretched but supported to deliver some very challenging goals to help widen access for our clients to our products.
This is a role that really gives you the opportunity to drive forward MSI’s goals of making people’s lives better by having children by Choice, Not Chance.
- You are not just good at what you do, you are an EXCEPTIONAL product/brand manager
- Being driven isn’t enough; instead you are TENACIOUS and thrive on being able to INSPIRE and SHAPE CHANGE
- You don’t just develop & market products, you identify ways to ENGAGE INTERNATIONAL AUDIENCES
- You are a GAME CHANGER, not afraid to speak your mind and make things happen
What are we looking for?
- Someone with a track record of success in brand and product development and launch in the consumer health and/or pharmaceutical sectors.
- Market mapping, client segmentation and targeting, product specifications, packaging development, pricing, promotion, product detailing, sales presenters, winning at the point of sale, P&L management & developing product business launch plans with P&Ls – these are all activities that will be second nature to you.
- You should have launched products in countries outside of the Western context – ideally Africa and Asia.
- You understand selling and what sales teams need to be effective in their product selling & detailing arguments
- Ultimately, we’re looking for someone with the passion and creativity to take hold of the product portfolio and help countries launch products successfully and to take product launches to the next level.
We take our services to where people need them through different channels
- Social Franchising
- Community Health Workers
- MS Ladies
About our team
Our team members come from a range of sectors and are all passionate, focused, intelligent, high-achieving and talented. What unites us all is an absolute dedication to delivering our mission. Every day our team members around the world focus on one aim: delivering contraception and safe abortion services to women who need them. It is thanks to their passion and dedication that so many millions will be able to have children by choice, not chance.
Our impact is global
- By listening to, and meeting, the needs of individual women, we are increasing our health impact year on year
- In a single year, our teams now help prevent over 7.6 million unintended pregnancies and avert over 21,600 maternal deaths
- Our services save families and health systems more than £311 million a year
For more information about the role, please view the job framework on our website.
You will be pro-choice on children by choice & not chance
Closing date: 17th June 2018 (midnight GMT). Interviews may take place before this date for exceptional candidates.
Salary: circa £50-£65,000 depending on experience and ability.