Job - Communications Manager - Brighton based - £ Excellent + benefits
Your new company
Large corporate Financial Services Provider - your new company are specifically requiring somebody with solid PENSIONS knowledge or understanding and a willingness to harness the changes that are afoot with legislation and effect communications to their customer base.
Your new role
- Develop and deliver annual communication plans to maximise performance against profit, sales volume and targets, ensuring expense allocations are appropriate to book size & level of activity, and fall within budget.
- Use insight to gain a deep understanding of the needs and wants of key audiences. Manage the evaluation and analysis of data, using this to interpret and predict trends, reporting on this and adjusting plans accordingly.
- Input into the transformation of the marketing mix to grow broader pension awareness and consideration of the company as well as the group brand team.
- Develop close working relationships with the key internal departments including, Distribution, Product, Operations, Compliance, Risk, and Finance to ensure that campaigns are implemented efficiently and that business objectives are met. As well as ensuring that internal relationships operate in a smooth and efficient manner.
- Communicate effectively and persuasively with cross-functional teams. Working closely with the Product, Propositions, Well-being & Approvals team to develop motivating headline propositions and to deliver integrated campaigns that meet company standard & policies.
- Define, agree and work within the appropriate budget required to achieve plans, particularly focusing on opportunities for cost efficiency.
- Manage marketing agencies and third party suppliers including fulfilment houses and printers, ensuring that they deliver in accordance with their contractual obligations and whilst working as an extension to the internal team, thereby ensuring quality output is delivered, to timescale and within budget.
- Manage, motivate and develop employees at all levels, in a manner that is consistent with the company's policies and procedures including the Partnership Agreement, to maximise the performance of the area.
What you'll need to succeed
- Professional qualifications in relation to the role are desirable for example PMI, AFPC, IMC, CIM, IDM
* Relevant experience in a similar marketing role is essential
- Experience of defining and creating complex communication plans across multiple products and customer segments.
- Experience of managing & developing a team of marketing/communications professionals.
- Good understanding and proven track record of channel marketing plans that have driven demonstrable business results.
- Excellent understanding of the latest methods of measuring and optimising marketing investments to drive sustainable profitable growth.
- Significant understanding of the creative process and solid experience of managing marketing to drive creative excellence.
- Robust general knowledge of the pension market and emerging trends in consumer behaviours.
- Experience of developing and managing insight led customer marketing propositions and plans across a portfolio of services, products and brands, preferably within Financial Services.
- Solid understanding of the risk and regulatory environment in which the financial services industry operates and the impact it has on marketing strategy, propositions and communications.
- Strong creative skills with the capability to assess every piece of communication through the eyes of the customer and the ability to inspire others to think creatively.
- Strong networking, influencing and relationship management skills with the ability to clearly communicate and influence at all levels.
- Strong commercial awareness and ability to manage and optimise budgets.
What you'll get in return
An excellent salary and benefits package in line with any leading FS provider.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.