Sports & Property B2B PR Account Manager
My client is an established Manchester based PR agency who is on the lookout for an exceptional PR Account Manager to join its growing team!
This is an exciting opportunity within a fast-growing agency for a candidate who has 3 years or more PR Agency experience under their belt. The role will work predominately on B2B PR clients across property and sports sectors.
Candidates need to be self-motivated individuals, who will relish being at the heart of each client account and must have, proven media relations skills, social media expertise, copywriting skills, and be great at liaising with clients and the media.
The Account Manager is a key member of the team working on and managing a portfolio of clients. They make a strong contribution to key business objectives through campaigns and support the Account Director with the management of major clients whilst delivering on other accounts independently. Proficient in media relations skills, the Account Manager will act as a trainer to junior consultants and also oversee and monitor their workload. The Account Manager plays a key role in winning new business and will have an understanding of the budget implications of their actions to the agency.
- High level of writing skills and ability to adapt style for different audiences
- A strong understanding of the media, editorial requirements and what makes a story
- Ability to demonstrate creativity and innovative thinking
- Experience of delivering impactful communications campaigns from inception through to delivery
- Ability to build relationships internally and externally, at all levels
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Demonstrates the ability to work independently, whilst maintaining team role
- Strong administrative and project management skills
- Professional demeanour, sets a strong example to junior members of the team
- A thorough understanding of the value and importance of PR and its place within the overall communications/marketing mix
- A thorough understanding of all aspects of marketing and the ability to create campaigns that utilise a variety of skills and tools
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Strong presentation skills, presenting effectively and talking with authority
- The ability to forge long lasting and meaningful relationships with clients
- Strong financial and commercial awareness
- The ability to manage a client's marketing budget
- Reliable, committed and organised with an ability to handle change easily
- Confident and has the ability to foster confidence and respect from clients
- Great inter-personal skills
- Plan and implement impactful communications campaigns
- Develop and lead strategies from formulation through to execution aligning them with the client's key business objectives
- Ensure pro-active service and that accounts are serviced to the correct level
- Combine creativity with knowledge of the media to recognise media angles and generate positive news coverage, profile pieces and features across a broad media spectrum
- Ability to write "journalist quality" press releases
- Assist in the reporting, analysis and evaluation of campaigns
- Liaise with the client and act as key point of contact in support of senior consultants
- Sell ideas, promotions and features to clients and media
- Delegate to junior members of the team effectively
- Supervise Account Executive's activity and workload
- Fully participate in brainstorms and create workable programmes for new business and existing clients
- Keep track of impending deadlines and ensure all work is completed in a timely manner
- Actively participate in new business development including proposal writing
- Identify new business opportunities
- Maintain agreed client activity and budgets and alert the Account Director to any budget overspend/underspend
- Ensure all work is completed on time and within budget
- Lead on accounts and monitor client satisfaction levels
- Support the Account Director in producing draft fee and expense budgets for new business
The right candidate will not only be given the opportunity to fast track their career but will play a pivotal role in the company's growth!
For more information and to register with Black Cherry recruitment, please contact Helen Salt on or 0161 228 7239 - for all our latest roles, visit www.blackcherryrecruitment.co.uk.