Head of Business Development
This global real estate consultancy is looking for a new Head of Business Development. This business has a really clear vision as well as an entrepreneurial culture which encourages excellence. Most importantly it has a stable marketing and business development function which is well established and well-resourced.
In this brand new Head of Business Development role you will head the business development function which includes the bids, key client and CRM teams as well as a number of practice stream BD Managers. Your responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with divisional heads and key fee generators to develop sales pipeline, generate leads and build stronger relationships with clients;
- Playing an advisory role to partners to get them to be more effective in their business development;
- Devising methods to get in front of clients such as thought leadership, client relationship management initiatives and business development training.
- Put in place targeting plans to win pursuits;
- Direct responsibility for the management of activity for key clients;
- Leading the client feedback programme;
- Monthly reporting on opportunities, wins and losses for each division of the business;
- Promoting the benefits of using the CRM database (Salesforce); and
- Managing a significant sized team.
The successful applicant must have worked in sales/business development/marketing function within professional services (a major international law firm, accountancy firm or real estate business). Experience in leading client relationship programmes and campaigns is essential.
As a candidate, you will have strong commercial and sales/marketing focused acumen in addition to the ability to understand client needs. Naturally, you should be an inspirational team leader. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are essential, as well as being comfortable building relationships and ability to work at pace and manage time effectively.