Product and Marketing Development Manager
Marie Stopes International (MSI) is a global organisation providing personalised contraception services to women and girls. Our local teams of professionals are passionate about the work they do in communities across 37 countries. The services we provide give a woman the power to choose when she has children so that she is free to pursue her plans and dreams for herself and her family.
The primary responsibility of this role is to further MSI’s Goal: The Prevention of Unwanted Births and its mission of ensuring the individual’s right to Children by Choice Not Chance.
The Global Marketing Team (GMT) guides MSI on best practice for overcoming behavioural barriers and generating demand for our service delivery channels, thus increasing the number of family planning and safe abortion services we are able to provide to women in need.
The team provides expert support to country programmes in the use of research findings and audience insight, development of demand creation strategy, branding, and improving the client experience in our services. The GMT also leads in the development of global goods based on best practice that can be adapted to country context. It includes specialists in adolescent programming as well as contact centres. Global Marketing supports the use of client insight in the development of effective marketing strategies, the roll out of improved products and services and by developing evidence-based global goods that help increase the demand for our SRH services.
The Global Social Marketing team (GSMT) leads the delivery of social marketing for MSI. Accountable for delivery of: financial targets; development of global goods based on Social Marketing best practice; development of the product portfolio & provides expert support to country programmes in the development of social marketing demand & supply strategy. Social marketing delivers the majority of the MSI Safe abortion/Post abortion Care numbers and approximately half of the service income for International programmes for MSI and is integral to delivering the MSI 2020 strategy.
You will develop MSI’s global product & service portfolio and next generation Sexual Reproductive Health (SRH) innovations to better meet client needs, deliver organisational objectives, build MSI credentials and help evolve the sector. You will be working closely with Country Programme leadership teams in formulating and implementing product launch plans, market development strategy, and working with suppliers and supply chain on product development.
To succeed in this role, you must have:
- Extensive experience working in the Consumer health /pharmaceutical sectors
- Good & proven regulatory knowledge of the pharmaceutical/medical devices sector
- Significant experience of working with global brands, consumer or health markets, ideally at global and local level.
- Proven experience in healthcare new brand/ product development & launch (market mapping; client segmentation & targeting, pricing, product packaging thru to detailing, healthcare & client communications)
- Experience in building integrated marketing plans, including trade marketing & digital
- Experience at launching products in resource constrained countries, ideally Africa & Asia
- Experienced in working with marketing agencies and suppliers in product development and marketing communications
- Experience working with marketing budget/cost centre accountability
- Experience representing organisations externally with stakeholders (ideally in Sexual Reproductive Health)
- Experience in sexual reproductive health and related sectors is highly preferred
- Supply chain, forecasting management, product packaging harmonisation
- Sales experience (worked in front face selling capacity)
- French speaking
In addition, you will have the right to work in the UK and be pro-choice on children by choice & not chance