Media Monitoring Specialist
Our client is a detail-obsessed company that always puts customer experience first. It shows in the products they make, and also in the work they create to help people understand and get the most out of those products. They're not engineers here, but they share the same goal of making everything they touch beautiful and elegantly simple.
This client is seeking two talented media monitoring and intelligence specialists to support the European corporate communications operation. The company are in the news every single day. Understanding what is being said in a fast-moving news environment is crucial to how they work.
This is a unique opportunity for someone to help lead the monitoring, assessment and evaluation of media coverage across all aspects of the business, from company news through to product reviews.
- Monitor all aspects of news relating to the company and broader industry news to provide timely alerts to the PR team and wider business, including TV, print, online and social media.
- Write concise reports and summaries on key stories including incisive assessment and evaluation.
- Co-ordinate news reporting and evaluation across a network of European PR managers and agency support.
- Compile editorial calendars and other tools used to discover new PR opportunities and scan the horizon for potential media issues.
- Assist PR managers with other activities as needed.
- 2 years+ of experience and a genuine passion for working on news and current affairs. This might include a role as a journalist, PR specialist or researcher.
- Minimum 2.1 degree (or equivalent) from a top university
- Very high standard of written communications with an ability to work and write quickly and accurately under pressure.
- Driven individual, highly motivated - the role will involve working independently to deliver a high-quality media monitoring function.
- Good understanding of all forms of news and communication channels, including the latest social and online platforms.
- Confident communicator and good interpersonal skills required.
- Experience of different European media markets would be a bonus.
- A second European language preferred.
Training & Development:
The successful candidate till be given exceptional training from world-class experts in the technology and public relations sector.
Duration: 6-12 month contract
Location: Central London (Nearest tube station: Oxford Circus)
Salary: £30k-£40k (Dependent on experience)
Start Date: ASAP