BD Manager (Marine & International Trade) - Ambitious Law Firm
This is a highly attractive role at an international law firm. The BD Manager will work in the BD team, and in the marine and international trade practice group, and will be tasked with providing BD support, advice and insight, helping the team to significantly grow their market reputation and revenues. Your main responsibilities will include:
- Work closely with partners on cementing and further developing profitable revenue growth on their key client relationships
- Driving the BD activity for the different sector groups within MIT, including ship-owners, shipbuilding and offshore
- Managing a number of competitive pitches concurrently including drafting persuasive and accurate content with tailored messages
- Creating customised credentials documents highlighting the firm's expertise across all practice areas
- Managing the Legal 500 and Chambers submission process
- Producing and delivering outstanding client events
- Working with the library on targeted client research, distilling research reports so they focus on key areas of relevance, and suggesting resulting BD opportunities to fee earners
- Consistently look for ways to improve BD practices and outcomes to ensure that the firm maximises value from everything it does
- Identifying themes in the market, reviewing competitor activity and making recommendations
- Developing BD plans for each practice area and providing support for the implementation of individual partner and practice area plans
- Working with the InterAction manager to champion best practice of the firm's CRM system
- Liaising with the Communications team on the media plan for each team.
The successful candidate will be confident, organised and pragmatic graduate, with excellent experience of BD in a professional services firm. Some knowledge of the practice areas covered would be desirable, though this is not essential. The BD Manager must also have a team-oriented attitude, be commercially aware and have strong communication skills to deal with the highest levels internally.
Follow us on Twitter for the widest range of roles across the entire professional services sector - twitter.com/leightontaylorC