Head of Digital Marketing - Gaming
Are you an experienced Head of Online Marketing or Head of Digital Marketing looking for a new challenge?
Do you have experience driving new customer acquisition via Digital channels?
Do you have experience managing a Digital Marketing team?
Do you want to take on a Marketing role that will give you a wealth of new experience across Digital?
Do you have a keen interest in Gaming or Sports?
Then this could be an exceptional opportunity for you!
The leading Gaming/Sports company is looking for a Head of Digital Marketing/ Head of Online Marketing to lead their Digital/Online Marketing team to lead and develop digital marketing across the Company's product portfolio to significantly and measurably drive business growth. This role will lead the companies Digital marketing strategy and be responsible for the Digital strategy for the business. As well as supporting the Digital Marketing team with the executive of the digital marketing strategy. This is a forward-thinking position that needs a Head of Digital/Online with an eye on consumer trends and technology and can drive the development of innovate and ground breaking Digital Marketing.
The company which focuses on horse racing, greyhounds, football and sports betting. The company publishes a variety of content as well as runs multiple websites and mobile products and has a growing syndication division.
This role's mission is to take ownership of the copywriting/content strategy and deliver this content through social channels as well as working with the wider brand team on marketing activates.
Their culture is a dynamic and fun place to work, they are looking for driven, ambitious individuals to join their team and help us regrow the business.
This is a great place to work if you are looking to grow and develop into a commercially focused Marketer who is responsible for driving customer retention.
As a Head of Online Marketing or Head of Digital Marketing you will join the wider Marketing team reporting directly to the Marketing Director and be responsible for:
- Devise a digital marketing strategy which focuses on acquiring, converting and retaining customers through their lifecycle on products.
- Lead your team to deliver a marketing plan which is focused on driving betting revenue and digital content sales through a mix of advertising, CRM, social and promotions.
- Develop the approach, implementation and measurement for the business's above the line, digital advertising and SEO strategies with the relevant agencies and internal parties.
- Direct and manage the CRM and social teams to deliver activity which meets the objectives.
- Manage the digital marketing budget reviewing spend every month against targets as well as monitoring the return on investment of marketing campaigns.
- Provide feedback and recommendations for product improvement and new features based on competitor evaluation, customer feedback and own insights.
- Work closely with the product and commercial teams to optimise an integrated conversion strategy.
- Ensure the business understands the digital customer by briefing relevant research and effectively communicate findings.
The ideal candidate will have a hands-on experience in Digital Marketing and worked for a fast moving consumers-facing business and be from a Gaming, Sports of Publishing business.
The Head of Online Marketing or Head of Digital Marketing role requires the following experience:
- Proven track record in consumer-facing marketing roles, preferably in or related to gaming or sports, illustrating skills in: above the line advertising; digital advertising; PPC and SEO; mobile/online conversion and retention; CRM; social; analytics and behavioural targeting; customer insight.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully acquire, convert and retain digital customers
- A proven record of aggressively improving the performance of revenue streams across a variety of digital products. Experience with mobile products is a key requirement for the role.
- Strong leadership and management skills with at least seven years' experience of leading a target driven digital marketing team.
- A strong analytical mindset
- The role requires a deep understanding of the UK betting/gaming industry Deeply understand the mindset of a horse racing and sports bettor.
- Strong project management expertise and experience working with creative agencies/designers.
- A motivated self-starter with the ability to work effectively across a wide number of products and influence key stakeholders within the business.
Ideal experience, skills and qualifications
- Graduate Calibre
- Degree or post-graduate qualification in marketing or business
- Highly numerate - enjoy working with data
- Strong interest in horse racing and football
- A solid understanding of the technology that underpins web, tablet and mobile products.
- An active interest in the latest industry and technology trends
Title: Head of Online Marketing or Head of Digital Marketing - Gaming
Salary: £90k - £110k
Benefits: 10% - 20% Bonus & Benefits
** Must have the necessary visas to live and work in the EU**
Blue Pelican Marketing
01892 507 100 - Max@BluePelican.com