E-commerce Manager, beauty/consumer goods
Our client is a leading beauty tools and accessories brand. They need someone to come on board to drive the e-commerce side of their business. This is a new role, reporting into the Marketing Director and is a part of the senior management team. You will be solely responsible for e-commerce. You will ideally come from a beauty/lifestyle/consumer brands background.
They have great offices within easy reach of the rail station and with parking on site should you choose to drive.
- In close collaboration with Brand Communications and Product Marketing, lead the management of the UK Ecommerce platform in the UK market
- Constantly review and make recommendations for optimisation for the site including debugging, making use of Google Analytics, SEO, PPC
- Propose the online ecommerce marketing plan and priorities in line with UK Brand Communication plan
- Propose and implement ecommerce strategy to support new product launches with full online plan: exclusive activities, gifting, product visibility
- Work closely with Brand Marketing to provide ongoing engaging, relevant and user friendly content
- Manage site efficiency with MIS Manager and Platform provider
- Develop Workflow for Ecommerce Process and manage efficiency of ecommerce logistics with Logistics and Customer Services Team to ensure best in class customer experience
- Email campaigns: define frequency, offers, segments
- Grow client base through acquisition campaigns
- Monitor daily, weekly and monthly sales against company target
- Forecast new launches and replenishment on new products
- Ensure stock orders and logistics are managed in a timely manner with warehouse
- Ensure smooth communication and agreement with Brand Marketing on all activities.
- Coordinate communication flow with all stakeholders
- Present regular reports on ecommerce performance and trends
- Work with Brand Communications Manager to propose UK ecommerce marketing strategy
- Review efficiency and effectiveness of content and make recommendations for improvements
- SEM and SEO management
- Ensure on going and exceptional online visibility with e-retailers working with Product Marketing Team and Sales Team
- Constantly review and make recommendations for optimisation for the e-retailer sites
- Working with Brand Communication Manager to create an effective digital plan with targeted specific activity per retailer
- Implement short and long term strategies to drive growing UK e-retailer business
- Analyse and report online sales
- Assist in driving online revenue growth ensuring all e-retailer sites are updated with new launches (+ removal of discontinued lines) and activity, as well as implement e-retailer visibility package for key launches
- Ongoing competitor analysis and reporting of all online and digital communication
- Ensure effective communication with Marketing Team and Sales Team
Key Competencies/Technical Skills
- A commercially minded individual with proven track record in building ecommerce businesses
- Strong ability to build and maintain relationships internally & externally. Diplomacy and capacity to adapt communication to stakeholders.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with a sense of urgency
- Leadership/ self-starting capabilities with creative thinking and strategic thinking skills
- Strong project management experience with proven organisation skills, time management skills, multi-tasking ability, high level of detail orientation and ability to implement and execute projects
- Ability to influence and work collaboratively in a cross-functional environment with several different departments & across all levels of the organization
- Proactive approach to all tasks and projects and shows initiative to drive results and solve problems.
- Good presentation and communication skills (oral and written)
- Strong team player
- Understanding of digital and E commerce processes
- Experience in copywriting and briefing in design
- Strong knowledge of Google Analytics, AdWords, Search Display and SEO tools.