Product Communications & Insight Manager - Asset Management
We're recruiting on behalf of one of the smaller Asset Management firms in London, looking to add support to their Product Communications function with the appointment of this Product Communications & Insight Manager.
The way the marketing functions is set up is:
- Traditional Marcomms team, looking after promotional collateral production and events
- Investment writing function, looking after PR and web materials
- RFP writer
- Product Management unit
This role sits between a number of these functions, and notably between the marketing and product teams, owning the creation and management of product specific communications. This is a mixture of technical communications around factsheets, account data and fund management data, as well as regulatory communications requirements.
The work you will be responsible for producing will feed into these as well as the company's website, so this is a role which requires a high degree of accuracy.
Overall there's 9 in the team with 2 working in these product communications style roles.
The ideal applicant will have a blend of experience which is fundamentally established within the asset management world, and also ideally within product management/development with some experience in communications production too.
This is a very traditional asset management business, and have said they ideally need someone who has experience ideally established within product lifecycle management across a range of asset classes so they're able to pull from this experience in overseeing the creation of product communications.
You will be involved in market and competitor analysis when supporting NPD reviews. This will principally be in product testing and carrying out analysis in order to inform a workstream and deciding if the product being proposed meets a specific customer/market need. As such it's important you're more than familiar with things like Bloomberg/Morning Star data in testing product feasibility.
There will be a Product Communications Executive working alongside you, and the headroom to grow in this role will be to potentially look for this person to ultimately move to report into you at a later date.
About the Business
This is one of the smaller asset management houses in London, but with this comes opportunity too. It will mean your remit will be bigger and broader than if doing a similar job for one of the major players, but will also mean you will be given opportunity to own more of the lifecycle or work, and get exposure to owning more of the overall workstream, thereby developing your skills faster and enabling you to grow too.
This is a company who also lives their organisational values. You will find it a highly collegiate and supportive environment, and there's opportunity to bring in more creative thinking too - since they're not one of the major blue-chips in this field, which means decision making is more agile and they're open minded to trying things that little bit different to the norm.
So if you think you'd enjoy an opportunity like this with a firm that's really keen to engage with likeminded, ambitious individuals with experience in the Asset Management field, but are perhaps looking for a company that's a little less stuffy and rigid than most in this sector, why not get in touch today to see what this opportunity is able to offer you?
Role: Product Communications & Insight Manager - Asset Management
Location: Central London
Salary: £50,000 to £55,000 basic
Benefits: Good bonus, pension, healthcare, life assurance and lots more.
- Must have experience of working in the Asset Management industry- with a preference to having worked in a business which offers services across a range of asset classes
- Mix of marketing experience and product management within the Asset Management industry
- Good understanding of product communications production
- Experience working with Bloomberg/Morning Star (and other) data, able to draw meaning from it, and use it to inform product development decisions
- Experience can be gained from either large brands or smaller, developing businesses - the client is open to both and their current team is a good mix of this too
- Good knowledge of working with fund data, able to translate this into product specific communications
- Solid knowledge of the UK and offshore funds market places and UCITs
- Good understanding of the regulatory requirements around product communications
- Must have the necessary visas to live and work in the UK
For further information please email your Word format CV in application to:
Managing Consultant - Blue Pelican Marketing
01892 507 100
You can view all our vacancies on our web site www.bluepelican.com, or call 01892 507 100 and ask for the marketing division.