Head of Beverages, Leeds
At Arla, we do so much more than make some of the world's favourite dairy products. We make healthy taste delicious, mornings worth getting up for and family dinners unforgettable. Arla Cravendale®, Arla skyr, Anchor®, Lurpak® and Castello® - names like these make us a vital, natural part of modern life in over 100 countries around the world. We are 4,000 UK and 19,000 global employees at the heart of it. Every single one of us plays an important role and together we build on our 10bn Euros turnover and establish our position as one of the largest dairy companies in the world.
We are currently looking to recruit a Head of Beverages to join our Milk Based Beverages Commercial team. In this role you will report to the Commercial Director - Europe for Milk Based Beverages and will be based at our UK head office in Leeds.
In this role you will support the development of, and implementation of, category strategies/plans (12 month to 3-5 year horizon) at a total Beverages specific level across a portfolio of brands and retail customers, ensuring the delivery of growth for the Beverage category and for Arla Foods.
As Head of Beverages some of your key responsibilities will include:
* Leading the development of a medium-term sales strategy across territories, product lines, market, segments or a broad portfolio of customer accounts.
* Advising on policies related to pricing, product mix and brand portfolio, distribution and customer service.
* Supporting the development and implementation of new sales plans to ensure the organisation's sales volume and profitability objectives are met.
* Overseeing the execution of business development objectives, sales and communications programmes and policies
* Leading, coaching and developing new standards for the customer, sales and marketing to stay ahead of global competition and developing and leading the total beverage agenda.
* Co-leading the development of new category engagement strategies together with marketing.
* Supporting Sales and Marketing with in-depth beverage category knowledge and translation to recommended actions that allows them to make informed decisions to help them deliver their objectives.
* Developing beverage category plans tailored to needs at each customer, customer segment incl. channel on e.g. the four s' (e.g. assortment/range, shelf/merchandising, promotions and price hierarchy).
* Monitoring performance of category sales and specific plans to drive decisions and corrective actions for customer and Arla.
* Leading customer contact for all beverage category management activities across the Beverage category.
* Supporting the marketing team with in-depth category and customer knowledge that allows them to make informed decisions i.e. business case development, NPD rationale, etc.
* Generating new compelling shopper, point of fixture and/or consumer knowledge together with internal and external research specialists.
* Developing and owning point of purchase guidelines for the beverage category strategy execution.
* Supporting the development and delivery of Arla Foods' category strategy for Beverages ensuring the business/commercial plan is fully aligned to it.
* Keeping up to date with specific customer strategies, priorities and key objectives to ensure continual alignment with Arla Foods.
* Developing plans to ensure support to both internal and external customers with in-depth category knowledge that allows them to make informed decisions, which help them deliver their objectives.
* Requesting and supporting New Product Development (NPD) for sustainable beverage category growth.
* Leading, developing and coaching the team to deliver best category practice through sharing with others and driving improvements throughout the team - (people, systems, processes etc.).
The successful candidate will be strategic, analytical and commercially driven with a hands-on and "get things done" attitude. You will able to translate consumer- channel- and business needs into strategy, proposition and concrete business results and will have a good understanding of the full value chain. With significant FMCG and people management experience you will be able to create and develop constructive relationships with a range of stakeholders and will take the lead and set direction.