Associate Manager - Market Research
We are looking for a passionate and ambitious Associate Manager for our Consumer Insights UK & Ireland department. The role will be based in our Oxford/ London offices
Associate Managers lead market research studies for our clients. They are responsible for compiling, analyzing and interpreting market research data, writing client reports and constructing client presentations with a high degree of independence. They generate highly polished diagnostic analyses, summarizing conclusions and recommendations to the client.Internally, senior team leaders look to them for ongoing project updates and feedback, as well as to respond directly to client needs, as their role as the main day-to-day contact.
The successful candidate will be a people person; who thrives in a challenging work environment. This role requires a true team player who can effectively interact with various departments and deliver projects with a consistent quality, on time and on budget.
As a Nielsen associate, you will grow in an empowering environment. You will experience a dynamic, open, and solution-oriented international environment, where we support your development through a trust-based feedback culture and diverse training possibilities. As part of our culture, our promise to you is that at Nielsen you can: be yourself, make a difference & grow with us.
In this role, you will assist team leaders in delivering quality services to clients and ensure that the services are delivered timely and precisely according to the client's business needs and specifications and at the same time meeting the company's quality standards.
- Contribute to the overall achievement of CI financial targets and strategic objectives.
- Deliver high quality, value-added research on time and within budget. Ability to manage projects with minimal supervision
- Consulting with clients on project related matters demonstrating clear and concise communication and issue resolution skills
- Synthesize and communicate research findings into actionable insights to meet client's objectives. Accountable for final quality of the reporting and analysis
- Debrief the results to the client (minimal input from seniors)
- Manage multiple projects and proactively anticipate, troubleshoot, overcome, and/or escalate project challenges in a timely manner
- Coordinate project tasks between internal support teams and external vendors
- Coach and mentor junior members of the team to help them perform in role and meet objectives
- Line manage (if applicable), setting objectives and monitoring performance
Ideal Education & Experience
- Ideally a university degree in Marketing, Economics or related field
- Significant experience in marketing research, quantitative primary consumer research
- Thorough understanding of research principles and methodologies
- Experience of working for financial services clients and mystery shopping are added advantages
- Working knowledge of advanced statistics will be an asset
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel & Powerpoint, SPSS
- English: fluent in written and spoken
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills
- Good business and financial acumen (including business environment and client)
- Ability to analyze and interpret data in a challenging and insightful manner- uses data creatively to tell a story
- Strong grounding in custom research principles, methodologies, statistical techniques
- Experience of international/multi-country projects and advantage
- Ability to lead the project team to deliver and ability to take on line management responsibility
- Displays maturity and creative problem solving skills in handling crises
- Quick learner, flexible, self-directed, with sense of initiative
- Comfortable working in a digital enabled environment
- Ability to work within a virtual environment
In return, Nielsen offers
- 25 days holiday rising to 28 with long service
- The option to buy even more holiday!
- An opportunity to work with the UK's leading brands
- A great contributory pension with a highly elite pension provider
- Fantastic private healthcare package
- First class training support and development opportunities
- Gain Invaluable Nielsen experience on your CV
You will be a part of a talented and experienced team to uncover what's in consumer minds in order to help our large global clients develop their strategy.
Founded in 1923, Nielsen is the global authority on the consumer. We help over 20,000 clients, across industry verticals, to understand consumers and grow their businesses, every day. We are the world's leading provider in global market research solutions and information, operating across four continents with presence in 116 countries.
ABOUT NIELSEN CONSUMER INSIGHTS
Nielsen Consumer Insights compliments other parts of the Nielsen business by representing the voice of the consumer and delivering bespoke surveys to clients. We measure the reasons and motivations of consumers towards brands, segments and categories of products. We use a variety of techniques to do this, from structured quantitative surveys to focus groups to one-on-one interviews, all of which allow us to add a unique understanding of consumers. We identify the trends that influence consumer behavior and brand choice; to help our clients to define the best strategies to strengthen their performance.
If you are looking for exciting new challenges, if you want to use your research knowledge in an insightful and consultative manner, come join us!