Site Reliability Engineer
- Newly formed Production Engineering team in a fantastic R&D site.
- Multi-award winning company in central Bristol location.
- Professional development & training opportunities.
What skills you’ll be needing
- You’ll be working across infrastructure and directly with code, so you’ll need to have excellent software development skills as well as an in depth knowledge in system design.
- You’ll need a fantastic understanding of Deep Linux, Data, Network, Security, as well as AWS / GCP at scale.
- You’ll be experienced in distributed systems and data streaming architecture as well as continuous delivery /integration best practices.
- Ideally you’ll have some experience with Kubernetes and containerization.
- You’ll be an advocate for automation practices.
- Bonus points if you have any experience (personally or professionally) coding in Node, React, Scala or Clojure, however, this is not essential!
You will be joining a newly formed Production Engineering team whose job it is to make sure that the engineering teams have the best conditions to build and run excellent software. Autonomy is the goal and this role is not just seen as a job, but as a mind-set for the whole of the company. You’ll be responsible for guiding the teams in ways to improve production capabilities, including deployment to the cloud & continuous delivery pipelines. You’ll also be responsible for coaching them in operational excellence & best practices around service performance, deployment, monitoring and availability. As you will be working with several development teams, it’s crucial that you have strong communication skills.
What you'll get in return for your talents
Where do we even start? They offer a range of benefits including flexible working, free breakfast, fruit & drinks, a minimum of 12% bonus, a 4% flexible benefit scheme (including phones, laptops, TVs and bikes) and a great pension. Importantly the working environment they have created is second to none. The offices themselves are fantastic and you’ll also be working with some great people who value the company and what they believe in. This company has achieved and is continuing to achieve some great things.
Want to be a part of this exciting new team? Then send in your CV to Hannah B.