Senior Digital Project Manager
Our client is looking for a highly personable and motivated Senior Digital Project Manager to head up a variety of software projects involving Digital, IT and / or data aspects that will be determined by this company's priority programmes work. This is likely to include interfacing with the website team (who are moving towards using Scrum) to improve our client's website product.
Senior Digital Project Manager
Reference number: A4720118
Location: Sandy, Bedfordshire
Salary starting at: £34,643 to £40,417 per annum
Hours: Full time
As a key part of the Production element of our client's Digital Experiences team, you will have in-depth knowledge of, and passion for, digital best practice, as well as an infectious enthusiasm for getting things done. You will work well alongside two other Digital Project Managers and a Business Analyst. You'll enjoy communicating with people as a core tenet of your job, and be able to problem-solve and thrive within a self-organising, collaborative team. You will be highly organised, take frustrations on the chin and come up with innovative ways to get the best out of people and situations.
The Production Team prides itself on encouraging transparency and continuous improvement, so they're especially interested to hear from you if you'd like to be part of a team that is developing its Agile-Scrum practices.
If you consider yourself outgoing, outcome-driven and digitally-minded, and have a background in project management or a related discipline, then our client would encourage you to apply. You do not need to be highly technical to excel at this role; they are more interested in your mindset and potential. Although you will have plenty of support, you must also be proactive to fit the required role profile.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Deliver, to agreed KPIs, complex digital projects and / or products by undertaking common project management activities such as task allocation, agreeing resource required, ensuring estimates are realistic, managing stakeholder expectations, and setting and meeting deadlines.
- Develop project plans and schedules, using common tools such as RACI, RAID, roadmaps etc.
- Identify, communicate and manage risks and issues, working in conjunction with key stakeholders.
- Regular communication with key stakeholders, by, for example, writing project status reports, holding project team meetings and risk reviews, developing workshops.
- Monitor and evaluate project progress against objectives.
- Motivate cross-functional teams to pull in the same direction, for example, by setting a clear project vision.
- Manage handover to 'business as usual' / product delivery by formally bringing the project to a close.
- Play a key role in managing the relationship with Communications Account Management Team to help the Digital and Supporter Systems team get the best outcomes from the organisation's annual communications planning cycle.
Essential attributes for the role:
- An excellent understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) -- where a project manager adds value within this, and the key functions with whom you'd expect to interact, e.g. Business Analysts, UX Designers, Lead Developers, Product Owners.
- To have a toolbox of techniques available to adapt according to project needs, including conflict management, time management and personal productivity methods.
- An understanding of the differences between waterfall and Agile and an understanding of at least one Agile methodology, e.g. Scrum, Kanban, Lean.
- A willingness to learn in general, and to be able to apply this to the organisation's bespoke project management framework, which is based on Prince2.
- Excellent people skills, stakeholder management and an ability to strategically influence.
- Ability to manage budgets.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Assertiveness and a willingness to challenge the status quo.
- A strong belief in the value of user-centred design and high quality user experience.
- An interest in, and ability to quickly pick up, new technologies, tools and methodologies.
Preferred attributes for the role:
- Experience of working in or with a Scrum team.
- Experience of running workshops.
- Familiarity with supporting a team with non-functional and functional testing.
- Our client's main website uses Episerver, so any knowledge of this platform.
- An Agile certification, e.g. CSPO, CSM etc.
- Setting up a Scrum team from scratch.
- Business Analysis skills and / or certifications.
- Knowledge of Microsoft's Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS).
- An understanding of Digital Transformation.
Closing date: 23 January 2018
To find out more information and apply for this position, please click the apply button. You will be taken to a simple CHM Recruit form and then redirected to the employer’s website.
Please make sure you include reference number A4720118 on any correspondence.
No agencies please.