- Devise and deliver strategic marketing and communications campaigns for events such as the Civic Reception, graduations and open days, ensuring maximum attendance, engagement and dissemination of key messages.
- Produce factually accurate and engaging copy for events communications and marketing materials, for a range of audiences.
- Develop use of a variety of marketing and communication tools and channels such as the University website, StaffSpace, social media platforms for the effective promotion of University events.
- Support the production of the printed, bi-annual Events Calendar, requesting information about events from organisers across the University and collating into a cohesive, positive and appealing publication.
- Produce enticing University events e-newsletters, ensuring content maximises attendance at University events and effectively promotes the University.
- Brief and work with creatives (such as graphic designers, editors, photographers) to produce high quality events materials for online and offline publication.
- Manage and support University events, including:
- Identifying appropriate objectives, measures and developing and implementing ideas to achieve them
- Effective communications with internal and external stakeholders
- Co-ordinating logistics including venues, suppliers, staging, staffing
- Developing timelines, tasklists and other planning documents to ensure milestones and deadlines are communicated, progress is monitored and pressure points and problems identified and mitigated.
- Produce concise and clear briefings and running orders for events, so that stakeholders and suppliers understand their role and have the relevant information to carry out their role successfully.
- Assist with events on the day including:
- Setting up (and breaking down) venues and spaces
- Greeting and briefing VIPs/high profile speakers and attendees etc.
- Managing arrival and registration processes, and dealing with queries from events participants
- Directing suppliers, speakers and staff
- Proactively anticipate issues before they arise and mitigate risks, and deal efficiently and professionally with issues that arise unexpectedly
- Evaluate the success and effectiveness of events and marketing and communications projects and use to inform future activity and implement change projects.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate all of the below
- Education to degree level or equivalent
- Knowledge and experience of events marketing and communication
- Knowledge and experience of planning, managing, delivering and promoting events
- Knowledge and experience of good office practice
- Excellent IT abilities
- High level of literacy and numeracy
- An interest in and knowledge of higher education
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends
- Excellent verbal, writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Ability to write for a range of different audiences
- Ability to form productive relationships with people at all levels
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Ability to use initiative and take responsibility
- Excellent organisational and administration skills
- Ability to manage a busy work schedule and prioritise
- Ability to adapt readily to new circumstances
- Ability to think creatively and develop new ideas and ways of working
If this role is of interest please do apply ASAP with an up to date word version of your CV highlighting all your relevant experience and I am looking to submit to this role ASAP.