Our Glasgow based financial services client has contract requirement an Infrastructure Designer/Architect to join an established team responsible for the delivery of Infrastructure designs, their standards & design patterns and technology consultancy in the delivery of IT Services & Change projects.
We are specifically looking to speak with you if you have experience with the following Technology landscape - Windows, VDI, VMWare, Office365, Azure
You will be responsible for
- Creation & development of high level and detailed infrastructure designs
- Assessment of infrastructure costs within agreed solutions
- Creation of roadmaps
- Design Governance to ensure ongoing reliability, quality and adherence to architectural strategies & roadmaps.
- Consultancy approach to projects
You will demonstrate
- Knowledge to support the design & architectural governance process, demonstrating technical experience and sound decision making skills
- The skills to support & deliver continuous improvement within the organisation's capabilities
- Excellent communication skills, influencing and stakeholder management at senior level
- Excellent written and oral skills together with the ability to translate new ideas into solid IT designs
A broad range of design experience and knowledge of agile development environments as well as more traditional waterfall delivery is highly desirable
Relevant experience and exposure to current versions of one or more of the following technologies is key:
- Operating systems; Windows Server
- Services; TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, IIS, ISA, SCCM, Active Directory, SCOM
- Database; Microsoft SQL Server
- Messaging/Collaboration; Exchange, Lync/OCS/Skype for Business, Sharepoint/Sharepoint Online
- Virtualisation; VMWare ESXi, CITRIX XenDesktop
- Desktop; Windows
- Clustering; Veritas
- Cloud; Office 365, Azure
- Scripting; Powershell
Please note you will receive an automated response advising you that we have received your CV.
Hudson is a leading provider of permanent recruitment, contract professionals and talent management solutions worldwide.
We are committed to ensuring that all job applicants are treated equally, without discrimination because of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.