Full-Stack Lead Developer - Tech for good, remote working
- Work with a tech for good start-up that’s genuinely improving lives.
- Work with senior management to decide the tech stack you want to work with.
- Flexi-time, remote working and high levels of autonomy.
What skills you’ll need
- You’ll be experienced in working with at least one server-side language, although which you’ll be using in the role will come down to your decision. (Python, Ruby, PHP, .NET, etc.)
- You’ll also need experience with standard web technologies (HTML, CSS, JS) and relational databases.
- You will need to be capable of working both independently without supervision but also as part of a highly collaborative team.
- Experience with mobile development would be a huge bonus but if not, an interest in developing mobile skills will be essential.
- You’ll have a strong passion for tech for good and helping the lives of others, as does the rest of the team.
- Given the opportunity to progress to CTO, any experience with mentorship or leadership would be a huge bonus.
You will initially working closely with the CEO, as well as the wider team, to determine the tech stack the business will be working with. There’s a development plan with certain goals currently in place but it will be your responsibility as to how those goals are realised, including greenfield development of the new platform. This will involve vision and determination on your part but also a high level of flexibility in your day-to-day work. Your role during development will include information the technical direction of the product, scoping feasible timescales, identifying resources required, identifying and solving/escalating potential technical roadblocks, working with the senior team to help develop measures of success and above all, you will be focussing on clear communication with all members of the team. The product ultimately needs to be delivered to both web and mobile devices – how you get there is up to you.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
As well as having the opportunity to join a start-up with a highly talented team at one of the most exciting points in its journey, you’ll be working knowing that your efforts will genuinely be improving the lives of those that may need help the most. You’ll be given a large amount of personal responsibility and autonomy in the role, being allowed to work as you believe is best to complete the current development plan. Flexi-time and remote working are both offered, although if you’d like to work in office with the team then the HQ is based in Weston-Super-Mare. You’ll be offered a generous salary (£50K), as well as having scope for share options. The chance for future progression is excellent, with the opportunity to become CTO and be responsible for growing the technical team as the company expands. Ultimately throughout this position, you’ll have a significant voice in both the short term product development decisions, as well as the long term direction of the business.
Like the sound of this one? Send in your CV now or get in touch with Jack for more information.