Format Proposition Manager
About the job
Our vision here at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home, out shopping, on the move, anywhere in the world.
We want our customers to be inspired and whatever they are looking for, we’re finding bigger and better ways to provide it.
Everything is underpinned by our continuous drive for the best tools and technology to deliver our vision. We’re driving innovation and transforming our Technology to become the world’s leading retailer.
We need people who share our ambition to deliver for our customers; Passionate and confident people willing to take the initiative and drive us forwards. In return we offer excitement, a great team, an excellent benefit package, and significant career development opportunities.
Joining us means playing a part in defining; building and launching an ambitious roadmap of digital products that could affect the lives of millions of people over the years to come.
If that sounds exciting then we'd love to hear from you.
The position will be based at our Welwyn Garden City office.
About The Propositions, Principles and Standards team
The Propositions, Principles and Standards team includes the role of Proposition Managers who facilitate brief and concept development for large strategic projects affecting the customer shopping trip and in-store brand experience. The team also has Design Standards Managers who ensure that all equipment for both customers and colleagues is safe, legal and fit for purpose and who support the business by guiding new projects through the design standards process. Finally the team has Format Principles Managers who work with colleagues across the business to drive and enable positive changes to the Customer Shopping Environment. They develop new planning principles for the benefit of customers and colleagues ensuring consistency in what we deliver.
The Role – Proposition Manager
Whilst specific responsibilities will be dependent upon the changing needs of the Tesco business, the following provides an overview of the role’s key responsibilities and measures:
- Facilitates brief & concept development for large strategic projects affecting the customer shopping trip and in-store brand experience
- Use various sources to keep up to date with trends, competitors and Tesco customers. Interpret and use this information to initiate and influence new propositions that will enhance the customer shopping trip
- Develop, maintain and utilise a great network to keep informed and get involved in key projects affecting the customer shopping trip
- Support key customer and business priorities by helping stretch brief and concept development. Be a conduit between the wider business and the design & property teams to ensure projects come through the right process and have the right support.
- Ensure that we have great and simple customer led project briefs that are affordable, scalable and profitable.
- Influence and gain support with key stakeholders and teams to mobilise projects and approve briefs
- Coach and support streams of work through to completion; ensuring the project vision is delivered
- Ensure that all change is reviewed, successes are shared, improvements are acted upon and that learnings are carried forward to future propositions.
- This role will best suit an individual who enjoys working as part of a team, is well organised, pragmatic and a lateral thinker with an inquisitive mind who is motivated to make change for the better and, most importantly, puts our customers first.
You’ll need to have demonstrated experience of:
- Strong network that is actively worked on
- Strong relationship building skills
- Seen as reliable and credible
- Effective meeting management
- Root cause analysis
- Able to ask the right questions to ensure the relevant data is used to make decisions
- Able to communicate complex issues in a simple way
- 2:1 degree or equivalent
- Retail Planning or Design experience
- Project Management experience
- Specific Tesco experience in developing change
- Flexibility, ability to plan and organise, responsiveness, creativity, self-starter
- Able to build solid working relationships with peers and senior leadership
- Ability to demonstrate strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills to all levels of seniority and disciplines within the organisation.
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren’t limited to:
- An annual bonus scheme which you can achieve up to 3.5% of base salary
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 6 months service with 10% off most purchases at Tesco
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day
- A retirement savings plan - 4%-7.5% contribution rate
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Buy As You Earn Scheme
- Save As You Earn Scheme
- Deals & Discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile & Tesco Bank
- Deals and Discounts through many other external businesses