Email Targeting Analyst
About the job
Our vision here at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home, out shopping, on the move, anywhere in the world.
We want our customers to be inspired and whatever they are looking for, we’re finding bigger and better ways to provide it.
Everything is underpinned by our continuous drive for the best tools and technology to deliver our vision. We’re driving innovation and transforming our Technology to become the world’s leading retailer.
We need people who share our ambition to deliver for our customers; Passionate and confident people willing to take the initiative and drive us forwards. In return we offer excitement, a great team, an excellent benefit package, and significant career development opportunities.
Joining us means playing a part in defining; building and launching an ambitious roadmap of digital products that could affect the lives of millions of people over the years to come.
If that sounds exciting then we'd love to hear from you.
The position will be based at our Head Office in Welwyn Garden City
About The Direct Marketing Team
The Direct Marketing Team is responsible for the excellent execution and targeting of all direct marketing communications from Tesco, including Direct Mail, Email and SMS. We also stand over the constant development of these channels and our capability within them. We are currently in the middle of a major (and very exciting) change programme, utilising new technology and data structures to deliver automation and personalisation at scale across all direct channels.
Whilst specific responsibilities will be dependent upon the changing needs of the Tesco business, the following provides an overview of the role’s key responsibilities and measures:
- Support the wider Tesco business to optimise marketing communications through increased relevant targeting.
- Work co-operatively with members of the Direct Marketing team, marketing executives and trading teams, to develop and define targeted customer journeys for Tesco's marketing programme.
- To manage and fulfil data selection and analytical requests using tools such as Unica, Teradata, SQL to meet stakeholder requirements.
- To ensure that work is accurate and produced to agreed deadlines, and meeting data brief and specifications provided.
- Actively understand the structure of the databases, including inbound data processes, data management considerations and data extraction and delivery functionality.
- Gain an understanding of data volume expectations and trends. Use this knowledge to provide advice to support the wider business when targeting customers.
- Ensure all scheduled data activities are completed in a timely manner, and strive to continually evolve and improve the cycle of scheduled data activities.
- Provide technical support and assistance during migration to new Email Service Platform (ESP).
- This role will best suit an individual who enjoys working as part of a team, is well organised, pragmatic and a lateral thinker with an inquisitive mind who is motivated to make change for the better and, most importantly, puts our customers first.
You’ll need to have demonstrated experience of:
- A university degree in a numerate or marketing discipline.
- Relevant experience working within data oriented roles.
- The ability to complete customer targeting/selections, data manipulation and analysis is essential.
- Technically confident, a experienced user of databases with an ability to write and develop database code to understand large customer datasets. SQL coding is desirable
- Candidates ideally will have used a campaign management/CRM tool as part of their experience, with experience of Unica & Teradata a distinct advantage.
- Experience in email service platforms (ESP) such as Epsilon, Exact Target, Silverpop, etc.
- Experience of working within a retail marketing department is desired, or within an FMCG company would be beneficial.
- Flexibility, ability to plan and organise, responsiveness, creativity, self-starter.
- Able to build solid working relationships with peers and senior leadership.
- Ability to demonstrate strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills to all levels of seniority and disciplines within the organisation.
- An innovative thinker with a passion for delivering personalised communications which are relevant to the customer, and make a difference in the ‘real world’.
- Seeking a role where you can continue to develop through exposure to interesting work and increasingly complex projects with the UK's largest retailer.
- Ambitious and looking to grow your career within direct marketing.
About the company
Serving Britain's shoppers a little better every day.
Our business was built with a simple mission to be the champion for customers, helping them to enjoy a better quality of life and an easier way of living. This hasn't changed. Customers want great products at great value which they can buy easily and it's our job to deliver this in the right way for them.
In the UK, we serve some 66 shoppers every second, so it's our goal to ensure every one of those customers experiences just a little better service on each visit.
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren’t limited to:
- An annual bonus scheme which you can achieve up to 3.5% of base salary
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 6 months service with 10% off most purchases at Tesco
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day
- A retirement savings plan - 4%-7.5% contribution rate
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Buy As You Earn Scheme
- Save As You Earn Scheme
- Deals & Discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile & Tesco Bank
- Deals and Discounts through many other external businesses