Social Media and Content Manager
About the job
About the Content Centre of Excellence
The Content Centre of Excellence Team creates marketing content. That means we plan, create, distribute and evaluate content – online and offline.
You’ll see our content everywhere: on our social media platforms, on our website, in Tesco magazine (the UK’s most-read publication), and in other places like our gift guide. We also write and design the emails that get sent to customers and direct mail they get through the post, to name but a few.
At Tesco, our purpose is to make sure we’re always “serving Britain’s shoppers a little better every day”. We bear this in mind when creating all content – making sure that it’s as helpful as possible for our customers, whilst allowing us to stand out.
We work closely alongside the wider business, making sure that the content we create contributes to Tesco’s wider business strategy – and the core purpose we mentioned earlier. We may be the country’s biggest retailer, but we want customers to feel like we’re talking directly to them in a friendly way.
This is what we’ll expect you to do and how we’ll measure your success when you do it. You will:
- manage the strategy and planning of content across multiple channels, including social media, Tesco magazine, Tesco Real Food and email
- manage the production of content for digital channels: this could range from a recipe to a ‘how to’ video, to a cut-down and optimised version of our TV asset
- lead a team of content assistants to make sure we deliver assets and the daily content calendar on brand and on time
- oversee the social paid media allocation, keeping a tight hold on the purse strings to make sure we’re spending the right amount of money to reach our customers in the best way
- set clear measures and KPIs for activity to make sure we’re constantly improving, and to show the impact and efficiency of our activity
- manage budgets and make sure we have the right budget split between content production and paid media
- build a strong relationship with our agency partners – managing the day-to-day relationship with our creative and media agencies to create a high-performing, cross-agency team
- build a strong relationship with our customer service team so that they’re briefed and ready to go when they have to reply to customer queries or comments
- develop strong relationships with platform owners (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google) to keep us at the top of our game.
You’ll need to have:
- an in-depth knowledge of how to plan, execute and evaluate across social channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube) – and, most importantly, you’ll be able to use this knowledge to make detailed and relevant planning recommendations and decisions for integrated campaigns
- experience of delivering marketing campaigns across multiple channels
- a solid understanding of tracking and measurement best practice and application, as well as the ability to analyse and interpret performance data
- a strong customer focus
All about you
So that’s what we’d expect job-wise. As for what we’re looking for in the right person, besides living and breathing social media, you’ll have:
- a tenacious can-do attitude and a willingness to challenge the status quo
- a great eye for creative and careful attention to detail
- the ability to lead and take people with you
- excellent planning and organisational skills with the ability to juggle competing priorities and requirements to make sure you hit deadlines
- the ability to build strong and productive relationships with both internal and external teams – and you’ll know how to get the best out of content and social agencies.
On top of that, you’ll be:
- a sociable type who enjoys working as part of a (dare we say lively, dynamic and fun) team
- well organised, flexible, pragmatic, creative and a lateral thinker
- able to present work to people of all levels and disciplines
- funny – in a good way.
About the company
Our vision here at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop – whether they’re at home, out shopping, on the move, or anywhere in the world.
We want our customers to be inspired: whatever they’re looking for, we’re finding bigger and better ways to provide it.
We need people who share our ambition to deliver for our customers; focussed, determined and confident people willing to take the initiative and drive us forward. In return, we offer an exciting role, a great team, an excellent benefits package, and significant career development opportunities.
If that sounds good, we'd love to hear from you.
The position is based at our Welwyn Garden City Office, with 2 days a week in central London.
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren’t limited to:
- An annual bonus scheme which you can achieve up to 3.5% of base salary
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 6 months service with 10% off most purchases at Tesco
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day
- A retirement savings plan - 4%-7.5% contribution rate
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Buy As You Earn Scheme
- Save As You Earn Scheme
- Deals & Discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile & Tesco Bank
- Deals and Discounts through many other external businesses