PR & Marketing Assistant
PR & Marketing Assistant - Part Time - Fareham - Temporary
Your new company
My client is a Reputable Public Sector Firm based in Fareham, they are seeking for a PR & Marketing Assistant to join the team. They are currently looking for someone to join the team on a part time basis.
Your new role
You will be required to manage the PR and Marketing within the wider Communications team.
- Take, record, and investigate enquiries from the media on specific issues and draft a response, referring to the PR & Marketing Manager if contentious
- Design, commission and provide administrative support in the production and distribution of publicity material (e.g. posters and leaflets), ensuring that the Client's corporate branding style is adhered to
- Drafting newsletters, press releases and articles in Fareham Today magazine
- Provide assistance in staging corporate events, this may involve dealing with issues as they arise at the event and chaperoning media representatives
- Carry out research to support the work of the PR and Marketing team
- Ensure that the Client's Social Media channels are up to date and take an active role in engaging with the community via these
- Take and edit photos and videos which will be used for presentations and publicity
What you'll need to succeed
- Experience in dealing with media enquiries
- Experience of managing social media
- Excellent ICT skills
- Good administrative and problem-solving skills
- The ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with colleagues, managers, elected members and the media
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Diplomacy and political awareness
- Organisation and time management skills
- Experience designing and producing publicity material
Please note: Candidates MUST have Communications and PR experience and be willing to work Part Time hours.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.