Social Media & Content Marketing Manager
Airtasker is one of Australia’s fastest growing tech startups. We are building our UK team as we start our international expansion. This is a rare opportunity to make a significant impact by being one of our first international hires. How much more exciting does it get!
This role will provide the right person with a chance to chart their own success as they become part of a top team, bent on creating value and making a difference.
You will focus on building and implement the content and social media strategy for the London launch with a brand that has accolades from marquee investors, the startup community and most importantly users. A role that will provide challenges and a platform to really grow.
A bit about Airtasker
Since 2012, Airtasker has been re-imagining how labour is exchanged in the real world. Airtasker was founded by Tim Fung, an idea that was conceived when he was moving apartments and realised that a lot of the jobs that needed to be done could be outsourced to people who wanted a flexible way to make a living. Our efforts are being recognised by our community members and have also attracted a fan following from the press. With over 150K tasks every month, the Airtasker marketplace has created over $100M per year of earnings.
Airtasker has big ambitions and has just raised $33M worth of funding. We are building a world-class team with opportunities to make a real impact in a hyper-growth and solutions oriented startup workplace.
Given the success in Australia, we are now opening up our horizons globally. We have identified London as our first overseas destination. The London Social Media & Content Marketing Manager is a critical role for us. The successful candidate will have a huge impact on Airtasker’s global social media strategy as we work out the blueprint for international expansion.
We are looking for someone who embraces autonomy and who will really own the success of the London social media marketing from day one. Hands-on social media, content marketing and online community management experience will ensure that this person can execute on top performing content and brand campaigns that excite and engage our community. This role will work closely with the UK Head of Marketing and reports directly to the UK General Manager.
Here are a few further highlights on Airtasker:
- BBC Article on Airtaskers journey
- Tim Fung, CEO and Co-founder, talks about the challenges and culture of innovation that defines Airtasker
- Our cult hit Like a Boss campaign
Our mission is that we empower people to realise the full value of their skills. This essentially means that we’re working on building the world’s largest qualified talent marketplace. A mission of this magnitude is an immensely motivating factor, keeps us in touch with the big goals we want to achieve and makes coming into work every day that much more fulfilling.
You will be responsible for:
- Creating and implementing a social media and content strategy for the company’s platforms incl. Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Working closely with the Head of Marketing, Australian brand and marketing team to ensure social media and blog messaging remains on-brand and ties in with our overall marketing, SEO and PR activities.
- Planning and delivering multi-channel social content in line with the marketing campaigns.
- Managing and creating engaging content for the Airtasker UK Blog
- Design, create, schedule and develop weekly content plans for all channels.
- Setting objectives for social media, including growth, reach, engagement, lead & conversion and monitoring progress.
- Driving engagement with the Airtasker online community
- Monitoring activity on social media platforms and responding in a timely and accurate manner, reflecting the company’s values.
- Monitor trends in social media and respond when required to these trends.
- Using social tools to report on and measure success.
- Provide regular updates/ reporting on traction and tactics incl. key metrics such as poster and tasker acquisition and engagement.
- Assisting with other relevant marketing tasks such as: events and offline brand activities, email strategy, broader campaign planning etc.
You probably have the following experience/background:
- Minimum 3-5 years experience working in social media for a global/ UK brand.
- Creative experience of writing blog posts and high performing social media copy.
- Exceptional storytelling ability and creative skills.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube).
- Experience of using social media management and listening tools.
- A natural story-teller and a digital native, you will have a clear understanding of the different audiences across each social platform and how best to engage with them and at what frequency.
- A self-starter who is happy to work autonomously as well as part of a UK launch team and a larger Sydney team.
- Photography, video and Photoshop skills are a plus.
- Experience at a startup or growth stage business a benefit.