PR & Communications Manager
A unique and challenging opportunity to step into the role of PR & Communications Manager with a crowdfunding platform. They empower people to directly shape their towns and cities by creating everything from hanging gardens on old railway lines, to bustling markets, or spruced up playgrounds.
They need a really stellar PR to join the partnerships team. You’ll get to work work at the front line, helping Britain’s most dynamic cities, brands and foundations embrace civic crowdfunding. Our client is looking for someone who is relentlessly tenacious and creative – always on the look out for new ways to raise the profile of our work.
You will join as the third member of what will grow to become a large, multi-skilled team, this is a prominent role where you will have the opportunity to make a real impact in the company.
If you have a hunger to drive best-in-class storytelling for a fast growing startup with an ambitious social mission, this is the job for you.
What you’ll be doing:
You’ll design and execute PR plans aimed at maximising the profile of our partnerships in the local and national media.
This will involve generating substantial traditional and social media coverage around the initiatives we deliver with our partners – from launch events, to celebrating new projects funded, to profiling new brands and cities that get involved, drafting quotes or ghost writing op-eds for high profile partners, or supporting research papers that highlight new cultural and policy trends.
You’ll organise events and stunts; turn speaking opportunities into reality, or think of new ways we can make the media and public aware of what we do.
You’ll pro-actively deal with inbound media interest and follow up with relevant spokespeople to ensure a smooth process from start to finish.
You’ll create and manage various newsletters, email lists and campaigns.
You will also help to promote the company generally from time to time.
- Creative mind, adept at finding the news hook and bringing out the story.
- Proven track record in making things happen – delivering results quickly and efficiently.
- Substantial black book, with a diverse mix of useful contacts that will help you hit the ground running, and a hunger to grow it fast.
- Excellent writing skills, with the ability to curate intelligent press releases and media pitches in tight time-frames.
- Great communication skills with a passion for building strong relationships.
- Up to date with relevant trends surrounding our work.
- Personable, self-starter, full of energy and a great work ethic.
- PR experience – you are likely to currently be at a PR agency or to be a Senior Press Officer in house.
- Bonus points for having a background in public affairs, which could help you work with senior public sector leaders and fight the occasional fire.
- Basic Photoshop skills in order to create marketing material.
- Willingness to travel regularly around the UK.
- Passionate and strong understanding of our business mission.
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- Free drinks on Fridays
- Free cultural programme: inspiring talks, music, yoga etc