Head of Communications
This job will be at the heart of the Prosperity agenda The jobholder will work closely with the Prosperity Fund programmes teams based in both the UK and at internationally. This role is likely to evolve over time, but key initial responsibilities will be:
- You will provide the link between the Prosperity Fund Delivery Unit (PFDU) which coordinates the entire FCO portfolio, and the Prosperity Fund Management Office, which coordinates the Cross-Whitehall Fund, ensuring that FCO programmes are accurately represented in all communication activities. This may involve delivering complex messages simply to multiple stakeholders.
- You will be responsible for co-ordinating responses to FCO Prosperity Fund-related from e.g. parliament / Freedom of Information requests;
- Build and manage a strong FCO Prosperity Fund Communications Strategy, by:
- ensuring stakeholders are recognised as partners in the development and delivery of the programme's strategic communications goals
- developing and implementing an FCO Prosperity Fund communications strategy, including informing, consulting and involving stakeholders, and where relevant, evaluating the effectiveness of these strategies.
- As lead for the communications, work with programme leads to develop specific campaigns focused on the target audience and ensure that the campaigns overall performance is monitored and evaluated for impact. You will be responsible for collaborating and partnering with a wide range of stakeholders in UK (FCO and the Prosperity Fund Management Office) and Posts.
- Be responsible for taking a proactive role in ensuring that content issued is accurate and appropriate.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate all of the below:-
- We are looking for self-starters who can work flexibly to deliver high quality work to tight deadlines.
- You will ideally have programme management and reporting, communication for briefing/press relations skills.
- You will ideally have previous experience in a central Government department and its systems and be prepared to build up skills and learning relating to PPM.
- Economic Diplomacy is central to the plans taking us towards Brexit and you will have the opportunity to grow in what is a dynamic directorate.
- Emphasis is placed on learning and development and on making the working environment a conducive space for all.
- You will be a strategic thinking and able to engage and deliver through others.
- You will have project management and communication skills
- Briefing / press relations skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ideally some international experience with a large public sector organisation
- idellay you will be SC cleared
You will be part of a new team in a supportive and collaborative delivery portfolio - serious about delivering high-quality foreign policy through programmes-if this role is of interest please do apply ASAP with a word version of your CV highlighting all your relevant experience by January the 4th 2018