Communications Programmes Assistant
Communications Programmes Assistant-Central London -3 months £16.00 -18.00 per hour to start ASAP- The Temporary Programmes Assistant (Communications) is responsible for providing technical and administrative support to the YTH team, in particular relating to communications programming.
This includes bringing a youth lens to engagement with key stakeholders, and ensuring strong, dynamic and cutting edge communications products and approaches are incorporated in YTH programmes. Key accountabilities will include:
- Maintaining the CYP social media presence with a youth voice (esp. Facebook and Twitter), ensuring regular updates and engagement with target audiences. Includes acting as first point of contact for online programme queries and requests.
- In collaboration with YTH colleagues, supporting the eight Commonwealth Youth Network Coordinators to develop, implement and maintain effective communications strategies and activities. Includes ensuring cohesion and protecting the Commonwealth brand.
- Maintaining and managing the website, including coordinating, promoting and supporting the work of Correspondents, in collaboration with the site editor.
- Ccompiling and disseminating a regular bi-monthly newsletter to key stakeholders regarding the CYP and other youth sector activity. Maintaining and expanding the stakeholder database.
- Gathering relevant youth-specific data and information that can be used in communications and proposals.
- Contributing to/managing other programming as required.
- Acts as the YTH liaison to COM, ensuring mutual updates on all relevant matters, including attending COM's weekly update meetings and ad-hoc meetings.
- Provides first level support to COM's strategic communication, to help showcase our approach to youth development and the CYP, including:
- Drafting of press releases, blogs, op eds and web stories, and arranging photography and multimedia support, to support promotion of specific programme and research activities.
- Monitoring the YTH presence on the Secretariat intranet and Commonwealth website, to help ensure up-to-date programme alignment and representation.
- Providing administrative support, including correspondence, procurement and payments, related to research, policy, partnerships and communications work.
- Supporting the coordination of meetings, groups, networks, communities and on-line content, and providing administrative support to programme activity such as events, meetings and workshops.
- Contributing to development of papers, speeches, presentations and talking points for senior YTH staff.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the below:- A strong bachelor degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline, such as media, communications, journalism, social sciences or arts.
A relevant post-graduate degree highly desirable.
- At least one year of demonstrated work experience in designing and delivering creative, cutting edge, impactful communications concepts and projects. The experience may be gained through a combination of paid employment, volunteer, placement or internship positions.
- Experience in written communication for the public, such as newsletters, articles, blogs, op eds, press releases.
- Strong knowledge of latest technologies and the ability to leverage them for impactful communications.
- Demonstrated experience in stakeholder engagement.
- It is highly desirable that the candidate will be able to demonstrate experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Youth development or youth-led initiatives, working in a developing country.
- Working in/with Government, intergovernmental or international NGO organisations.
- High personal standards of excellence.
- Demonstrated commitment to Commonwealth values.
- Excellent Verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Creative thinking and solution building abilities.
- Analysis and synthesis skills
- Strategic thinking and operational planning capabilities.
- Administrative and organisational abilities, including an eye for detail.
- Numerically literate and Technologically savvy.
- Ability to work autonomously and in teams, and in a multi-cultural work environment.
- Demonstrated drive and initiative, a self-starter with a can-do attitude.
If this role is of interest please do apply ASAP with an up to date CV highlighting all your relevant experience- I am submitting to this role on the 4th of January