Buyer & Commercial Asssitant
The Company: Our client is a highly successful and UK-market-leading specialist textiles business, established 40 years, with locations across the region and an extensive commercial network overseas. The next phase of growth in 2018-19 includes the establishment of a US subsidiary operation.
The Role: A new role has been created to report directly to board level and train/develop into a key commercial and merchandising focal point for the organisation. The successful candidate will work alongside the CEO and other key individuals to accumulate a thorough grounding in the company’s operation and ethos before eventually taking senior responsibility for overseas buying, supplier relationships, product pricing, key-client liaison and the overseeing of stock/import administration. The initial Key Responsibilities will include:
- Liaison with suppliers/manufacturers in the Far East and elsewhere, overseeing product quality, price negotiation, delivery schedules and all other aspects of the relationship.
- Prepare and issue Service Agreements with suppliers, on behalf of the company.
- As grwoth continues, identify new suppliers and trade partners in line with the company’s key values.
- Stock control and administration, including range/colour stock planning and reporting.
- Raise POs and reconcile invoices etc, as necessary.
- Ensure supplies are delivered on time and comply with import regulations/schedules etc.
- Join the firm’s attendance/participation at regular UK and international trade fairs and exhibitions.
- Accompany Directors and sales management on visits to key accounts, building relationships with customers with regard to the Company’s after-sales service and delivery etc.
- Regularly attend and contribute to management meetings and commercial reviews etc.
- Other merchandising and commercial/marketing duties, as required.
The Ideal Candidate will be a graduate in Business, Economics, Management or similar with a minimum of two years’ prior relevant commercial experience - perhaps (but not necessarily) gained within a textile manufacturing or clothing/retail organisation. To be considered you must be a highly organised, diligent, flexible and personable individual with first class communication skills and strong attention to detail who can multitask under pressure without compromising on accuracy.
This is an opportunity to join one of the most enterprising and successful merchant SMEs in the region. The role offers a superb career opportunity with a clearly-defined route map to a senior management post within 2-3 years. The position is located in Greater Manchester, close to the M60. The job-holder will be required to undertake intermittent UK and overseas travel.
To Apply click below to attach your CV and brief covering note, in guaranteed strict confidence. Or for further details feel free to call us on 0161 236 6924. First interviews will be held in late January.