Services Marketing Manager
About Global Commercial – Lubricants
Shell sells a wide variety of lubricants to meet customer needs across a range of applications. These include consumer motoring, heavy-duty transport, mining, power generation and general engineering. Shell’s portfolio of lubricant brands includes Shell Helix, Shell Rimula and Shell Tellus. We distribute, market and sell lubricants in over 100 countries. We also provide technical and business support to customers. We offer lubricant-related services in addition to our product range. These include Shell LubeMatch, the market leading product on-line recommendation tool, and Shell LubeAnalyst.
This position supports the European Lubricants organisation and reports to the B2B marketing Manager Europe.
About the role:
This is a newly-created role aimed at supporting our growth ambition in Europe, by developing and launching the next generation of Services for our B2B customers. Services will become an increasingly important differentiator in our B2B Lubricants offering, as we move our offer from a product-led one to a more services-led one, helping make the life of our customers easier.
You will be responsible for setting the European services strategy (based on global roadmap) and for growing existing and emerging Services offers in collaboration with local markets in Europe. You bring an innovative mindset, digital experience, strong project management skills and have a proven track record in Marketing, particularly around strategy formulation and CVP development. In addition, you have very strong (multinational) stakeholder management skills, are able to deliver through others and are able to engage and inspire others on your vision.
What will you do?
1. Generating Market insights: conduct market analysis, gather market intelligence and collate insights via existing global and local surveys
2. CVP development: based on customer needs and leveraging existing and emerging (internal or external) Service offers, develop fit-for-purpose Services CVP by sector. Innovative thinking, and ability to grasp and leverage the opportunities presented in the digital space are key.
3. Strategy formulation: based on a global roadmap and drawing on regional insights, develop the European strategy for our Services offer, integrating it with regional sector strategies.
4. Integrated Marketing Communications: develop and deploy through local markets an integrated approach to communicating our offer, leveraging various channels, with a special emphasis on digital.
5. Marketing Activation: in collaboration with sector managers, digital, sales & technical teams ensure ensure successful activation of Service
6. Vendor management: set up new & manage existing vendor contracts, including overseeiong local KPI delivery
7. Global/regional representation: funnel Global to local initiatives and act as European representative in global internal innovation & product development forums.
8. Commercial delivery: deliver increased revenue and margin as a direct result of services activation in local markets through accelerated implementation and commercialization of services as a commercial offer.
9. Support local markets in developing a Total Fuel Management CVP (oil flushing, oil change, waste management): work closely with local markets to contract with 3rd party vendors (and/or Shell Distributors) and develop an total fuel management CVP targeted at our direct customers.
What we need from you
We’re keen to hear from men and women whose CVs include the following:
- CVP development in the B2B/Industrial environment
- Marketing activation across multiple geographies
- Innovation and digital ventures
- Commercial mindset
- Stakeholder management
- Experience working with IT/ Technical services suppliers
Key competencies required:
- CVP Development (Mastery)
- Builds shared vision (Mastery)
- Champions customer & stakeholder focus (Mastery)
- Digital customer value proposition (CVP) development (Mastery)
- Maximises business opportunity (Skill)
- Delivers results through others (Skill)
- Motivates, coaches and develops (Knowledge)
Please apply via the 'Apply' button.