Full-Stack Developer (PHP & JS) - Ethical/Tech For Good
- National UK charity growing their Bristol tech team.
- Full-Stack role, chance to extend MVC skills, Cloud (AWS/Azure) and much more.
- Help deliver applications to change lives, real job satisfaction.
What skills you'll be needing
- They’ll need you to have strong PHP, MySQL and MVC (they work with Lumen/Laravel currently).
- Their wider stack also includes the need for a good coverage of many of the following; XML, SQL, REST API’s, Firebase, CI platforms (Codeship), cloud hosting (Azure/AWS/Elastic Beanstalk).
- Management of end-to-end web projects is crucial as is any experience of mentoring/coaching/leading junior developers.
Working within a 6 strong development and test team plus designers, you’ll be working in project teams with the London office working on their exciting product development programme. The goal for them is to maximise the effectiveness of their online, face-to-face and telephone services with a robust and innovative digital strategy well underway. You’ll play a key part alongside the Lead Developer in solutions architecture of new products and services whilst being a guardian of code quality, process and standards for digital output. You will be asked to lead a small project team identifying training needs and supporting with technical issues. Not only will you be able to help advise them on new technology to implement, your opinion will also be highly valued on best practice, code reviews, improvements and digital strategy as a whole.
What you'll get in return for your talents
The major selling point here is the job satisfaction you’ll get from developing applications and websites that will genuinely help those in need. You’ll find it hard to find a more topical and worthwhile cause than this to work on and you’ll be able to hopefully see a genuine impact of your work in the wider world. They offer extensive training and career progression opportunities too within an informal, supportive set-up. There’s 38 days annual leave, 10% pension, flex working, enhanced family friendly policies, access to the development team Treehouse account, R&D time within the working week and your choice of kit to work on.
Keen to hear more? Send in your CV now for immediate consideration