Head of Marketing Retention
- Lead and coordinate the development of a global marketing calendar for the conversion from affiliate to member and member retention and satisfaction through B2C and B2B marketing activity. Working closely with the business lead with responsibility for the overall organisational measure, ensure alignment of activity both instigated via HQ marketing services and through national teams.
- Working with the Regional Marketing Directors, and outbound retention teams, lead and co-ordinate the development and delivery of regional and national marketing plans for the key stakeholder groups that delivers the objectives set and that maximises the ROI for each activity.
- Regularly report, to all internal stakeholders, on market performance against the relevant retention and conversion measures and progress against the plan; providing variance analysis and narrative for appropriate stakeholders using measurements.
- Establish a strong planning cycle and process to set stretching but realistic mid range plans, ensuring the organisations understanding of the key levers needed to drive that growth. Once agreed, work with sales delivery team and the Regional Marketing and Planning Directors to cascade those plans to all channels. Monitor performance weekly and work with the key stakeholders to develop corrective action.
- Provide insights on overall market performance including identifying the types of affiliate that progress and identifying additional needs of those that do not. This insight should update on competitor behaviour and their growth plans to appropriate stakeholders, including plans to protect market share.
- Be the Sustain stakeholder champion and voice of the customer in leading marketing activity and initiatives to deliver both short and longer-term growth in conversion, satisfaction and retention and coordinate other HQ departments to achieve these goals.
- Develop a long-term retention strategy and effective integrated marketing and communications campaigns, based on a full understanding of the customer journey and the reasons why affiliates and members lapse, leave or become dormant, in line with the corporate strategies and brand guidelines and build new CRM journeys for affiliates and members that register positively with the key stakeholder groups.
- In conjunction with the relevant marketing team and other business stakeholders including the finance and product teams, within a matrix environment, develop a framework and lead content to maximise the number of affiliates progressing to membership and the on-going retention and satisfaction of these members.
- Develop strategies for dealing with detractors and promoters and develop and manage an advocacy programme to drive and build brand awareness and influence .
- In conjunction with the market and customer insights teams gain a regular and deep understanding of the impact of activity to build the right messaging programme and integrated customer journey to convert from an affiliate to a registered member, identifying market opportunities and effective ways of increasing share by understanding our competitors weaknesses. Where necessary lead tactical activity to impact on competitors growth plans.
- Work with the relevant marketing team and other business stakeholders within a matrix environment to ensure the marketing budgets are established and maintained to deliver the agreed targets.
- Work as part of the wider marketing team to plan and shape input to the integrated process to ensure marketing best practice in process and delivery.
- Work with the sales delivery team to ensure the sales levers are effective and are driving profitable, sustainable growth and to develop clear messaging (with the products teams) for the sales force and to integrate the retention and conversion marketing activity into the activity calendar.