Software Engineer - Scala / Clojure
- Working with cutting edge technology.
- Fantastic working environment in a central Bristol location.
- Excellent relocation package!
What skills you'll be needing
- You’ll have experience (professionally or personally) with a functional programming language such as; Scala, Clojure, Haskell, Erlang etc. and be keen to learn more.
- Ideally you will be an active contributor to the tech community through platforms such as Github or Stack.
- You’ll be knowledgeable with REST, Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment.
- Clean, reusable code is extremely important and it’s essential that you deeply care about the quality of your work.
You’ll be joining a team of high performing developers, building and scaling a distributed system. The microservice platforms are written in either Scala or Clojure and although experience with this isn’t essential, you do need to have desire to learn and regularly develop in either of these languages. You’ll be involved in the full development lifecycle and will be confidently merging back-end builds with the front-end infrastructure. Continuous improvement is a key element in this role and you’ll be expected to take part and encourage debates and collaboration to ensure innovation and creativity is used throughout the team.
What you'll get in return for your talents
Where do we even start? They offer a range of benefits including flexible working (including 1 day remote), free breakfast, fruit & drinks, a minimum of 12% bonus, a 4% flexible benefit scheme (including phones, laptops, TVs and bikes) and a great pension. Importantly the working environment they have created is second to none. The offices themselves are fantastic and you’ll also be working with some great people who value the company and what they believe in. This company has achieved and is continuing to achieve some great things.
Want to be part of it? Then send in your CV to Hannah B.