Digital Content Coordinator
Main duties & responsibilities
This is an exciting opportunity to join a small, dynamic digital team at the University of Hertfordshire on a one year fixed term contract. Sat within Marketing & Communications, the digital team has responsibility for the development and maintenance of the Universities eternal website, www.herts.ac.uk The Digital Content Coordinator (DCC) will facilitate the effective communication between the University and its internal and external audiences through written and digital content used on a number of our websites. The DCC will:
- work with the Digital Media and Web Communications Officer to improve the quality of content across the University’s websites in order to facilitate more effective engagement with audiences.
- edit and write content for the University of Hertfordshire’s websites and other online channels aimed at a range of audiences.
- support central marketing and other University staff in producing effective and engaging digital content for multiple channels.
- work with internal and external content providers, suppliers and agencies.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to write for a range of audiences
- Ability to simplify complex issues and communicate these effectively using a given style
- Knowledge of content management systems
- Ability to work well in a team as well as proactively in isolation
- Ability to plan ahead and keep to deadlines
Degree qualified in a relevant subject
Contact Details/Informal Enquiries:
For informal enquiries please contact Caroline Munklinde,
Digital Media and Web Communications Officer -firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 11th December 2017
Reference Number: 015662
Interview Date: TBC
The University offers a range of benefits including a pension scheme, professional development, family friendly policies, child care vouchers, a fee waiver of 50% for all children of staff under the age of 21 at the start of the course, discounted memberships at the Hertfordshire Sports Village and generous annual leave.