Head of Marketing
- Head of Marketing role within this technology vendor organisation
- Set up and build a marketing function
- Recent funding to this established business has moved it in to a fast-growth phase
- Work with sales to establish opportunity pipeline, lead generation and revenue opportunity
- Objective to quadruple company revenue within five years
The Role: This is a great opportunity for an experienced marketer to create a marketing function within this business and support the company's aim to quadruple revenue in the next five years. This will undoubtedly involve hiring skill and bringing in marketing technology to support the growth. The Head of Marketing will be responsible for taking the marketing budget, defining an innovative customer acquisition plan and executing that through external agencies, freelancers and a hired team. This is a very commercial role and The Head of Marketing will need to work very closely with sales to establish the demand generation marketing programme. The successful candidate will have worked in a technology business and be an expert in creating opportunity pipeline for sales functions through integrated marketing practices.
Responsibilities for the position of Head of Marketing include:
- Develop and plan the company's marketing strategy to help the business quadruple revenue
- Support the business transformation across sales, marketing and operations
- Build a team of specialist marketing agencies and freelancers to support the execution of the acquisition focused campaign plan
- Build a deep understanding of the customer and develop individual personas
- Create persona specific demand generation campaigns
- Own the marketing budget, forecast, and report on every pound spent
- Manage, measure, and optimise all marketing activities
- Forge a strong relationship with the sales team and help define a 'marketing qualified lead'
- Focus the marketing strategy on new business acquisition
- Manage the global strategy with focus across the UK, Europe and the US
- Support existing client interaction by building an account based marketing strategy
Requirements for the role of Head of Marketing:
- Worked for a technology vendor
- Marketed to the financial services sector
- 5-8 years' experience in commercial B2B marketing
- Worked with different marketing agencies to drive campaign success
- Been aligned closely with a sales function
- Have utilised marketing automation systems
- Worked with an inbound marketing methodology
- Fluent English
- Proven experience of creating a marketing strategy that acquires new B2B clients
- Managed marketing budgets
The Company: This technology provider has over 35 years of experience within the financial services sector. An investment group has recently acquired the company and have set about improving the sales, marketing and operations function to achieve significant revenue growth. The investment company are looking to quadruple turnover and sell the business. This is a great opportunity to join a fast-moving organisation.
The Package for Head of Marketing:
- Salary: £70,000-80,000
Location: The position of Head of Marketing is based in Central London.
BMS Performance have spent years building strong relationships with leading companies. We can introduce you to the right companies for your skillset and provide guidance to help you get your next Marketing role.
If you have recently met with a BMS Consultant at our London office please contact them directly to discuss this opportunity.