Communications, Marketing and Events Manager
This will include developing, producing and evaluating a communications programme that conveys key Division messages through a diverse set of communications material, along with marketing strategies designed to increase student numbers. The role will coordinate events for the Division (such as Away Days), deliver professional and inspiring events and help to create a positive environment. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the below:-
- Educated to degree standard or have equivalent experience
- Computer literacy, including understanding of and competency in word processing (e.g. Microsoft Word), desktop publishing and image manipulation (e.g. InDesign, Illustrator or Photoshop) and website technologies (e.g.Silva, Drupal).
- Excellent organisational, time-management and project-management skills, including the ability to work effectively on numerous projects simultaneously.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including diplomacy and discretion, and the ability to liaise with staff and external individuals at any level of seniority and work within small teams
- Excellent networking and negotiation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (including accurate grammar, spelling and punctuation), with faultless attention to detail and an ability to write and present to a variety of different audiences.
- Extensive experience of writing, editing and sub-editing, including the expression of complex or technical material in lay terminology.
- Extensive knowledge of graphic design, photography, art direction and typography.
- A strong understanding of websites, social media and multimedia, and how they can be used for marketing
- The ability to innovate, and to implement new communications strategies and novel technologies
- Proven ability to organise events.
- Knowledge of the Higher Education Sector
- A track record in managing and delivering top quality strategic communications and large scale campaigns
- Experience of producing a variety of communications materials (from concept to delivery) within tight deadlines.
- Experience of producing effective print and online communications, e.g. press releases, reports, brochures and proposals.
- Extensive experience of technical and creative issues related to video and audio production and websites and a strong grasp of emerging communications technologies.
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of creating websites through the full development life cycle, including testing and maintaining complex websites using various content management systems.
- Experience of simple video production
If this role is of interest please do apply ASAP with an up to date word version of your CV highlighting all your relevant experience.