Android Developer - 3-6 mth contract, IoT
- 3-6 month contracts (rolling) with a top global tech business
- Outstanding product development, genuine innovation.
- Pick up new tech and help deliver ground-breaking projects.
What experience you'll need
- You’ll be expected to have some fantastic apps to show from commercial native Android development (Java, Android Studio).
- User of TDD/BDD development methodologies.
- Ability to create quality user experience through the apps that you’ve built.
- Awareness/experience of emerging and current tech i.e. Reactive Functional Programming (RX Java), Kotlin etc.
- Automated unit testing and UI Test skills (e.g JUnit, Mockito or Calabash).
- Atlassian tool experience including JIRA, Bitbucket & Bamboo.
- They need passionate, creative innovators who work collaboratively and solve problems, never compromising quality for quick release; a high attention to detail and a thirst to overcome limitations.
You’ll be responsible for developing new features for a suite of ground-breaking connected products (four new ones on the way in the next 3 years!). The work will be challenging, varied, and will help bring the business further into the evolving world of IoT. They’re looking for their developers to create an exciting product experience from mobile apps, web/CRM integrations and cloud services. You’ll be collaborating in Agile teams made up of product developers, UX, electronics engineers, embedded software engineers and Cloud developers to ensure solutions are functional, secure and easy to use. Working as part of a multi-disciplinary Connectivity Research Team, you will be responsible for ensuring that the next generation of connected products and technologies are properly explored, tested and refined.
What you'll get in return for your talents
An incredible opportunity to work on a large and challenging IoT project as part of one of the biggest mobile development teams in the South-West. As they diversify and progress their tech stack you’ll be able to add some bleeding-edge tech to your CV. There’s a strong chance of repeat work throughout next year and beyond.
Like the sound of this? Send in your CV and examples of apps you’ve built or call in for a chat