Data Scientist - CONTRACT
** CONTRACT **
A leading financial authority in London is seeking a Data Scientist contractor to join on a project basis for an initial term of 3 months.
You will work as part of an advanced analytical function, created to improve operational efficiency, process automation, enhanced understanding of markets and better risk identification.
You will be responsible for harnessing the value of the data generated through rigorous testing but will also understand the problems faced with repeated testing of data; so a solutions focused approach is key.
They are ideally looking for someone who is experienced in leading and owning projects to come in and deliver multiple data science projects.
You will need to be outgoing and confident with good communication skills in order to liaise with non-technical stakeholders across the organisation.
You will have a background in data science and statistical modelling and having studied to degree level in a numerate subject, perhaps machine learning, computer science or mathematics / statistics.
Technically you MUST have worked with Python or R to an intermediate coding level.
POSITION - Data Scientist
LOCATION - Central London
RATE - £300 - £320 per day
TERM - 3 months +
- Educated to at least degree level in a numerate subject; Machine Learning, Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Computer Science etc.
- Proven experience in using Python or R as well as knowledge of data visualisation technologies such as Tableau or Spotfire
- Strong skills in advanced statistical analysis and modelling techniques
- Experience in data science methods such as; Random Forest, clustering, k-nearest-neighbour, bagging LASSO, support vector machine etc.
- Experience in leading on your own projects
- Excellent communication skills in order to liaise with senior level stakeholders
For further information or to apply please contact:
Managing Consultant - Blue Pelican Marketing
For more vacancies which may suit your needs, please visit us at www.bluepelican.com