Interim Director of Data, Analytics & Data Science
A contract opportunity has arisen, looking for someone to lead the transformation of a big company's data function, taking them from a traditional CRM, BI, data capability to a more modern Big Data and Data Science operation. This is a Director grade role, and the company is looking for someone with experience of establishing Data Science capabilities for firms where digital and web based data is at the very core of business decisions, and that data capability has been established as a key source of competitive advantage and opportunity for the business to innovate.
This will be a very big and very challenging opportunity - the company has massive scale and complexity to their data (circa 3.5bn rows per day), and covers every aspect of the customer including usage and movement data which is all digital source, as well as your traditional CRM, financial and behavioural data.
The role you will be taking on will be multi-faceted and will include defining and owning all of the following:
- Data Collection & Analysis - establishing the architecture, the teams and structures, etc.
- Solutions Analysis
- Data Management/Engineering
- Strategic Planning
- Establishing the divisional structure
- Performance Management
- Capability Build
- Operational Planning
- All Stakeholder Management
The contract will run initially for 6 months (may have the potential to stretch to 12 on initial engagement), but you need to be able to demonstrate true thought leadership in this space and the ability/experience in establishing centres of excellence for a businesses in this subject matter area.
If you're interested in finding out more about this, and have the pre-requisite background and experience in building these kind of capabilities for firms with similarly massive and complex data, as well as being the person responsible for calling the shots - defining the vision and ultimately overseeing its delivery into life too - why not get in touch today to find out more?
Role: Interim Director of Data, Analytics & Data Science
Location: West London / Berkshire commutable
Rate: to circa £1,000 per day, based on experience
Term: 6 months initially
- Experienced in establishing modern, Big Data centre of data and analytics excellence in a firm where data is a key provider of competitive advantage and innovation
- You've build data science divisions and are expert enough in areas of machine learning and AI to lead teams in this space
- Your experience is owning and leading data functions is broad and spans across the cross section of Data Science, Data Engineering, Data Capabilities and Architecture
- You're able to evidence business impact and the results you've helped companies achieve through the divisions you've built and led, and the business innovation which has become realised through leveraging data
- Education is to MSc or PhD levels or equivalent, but you're a commercial individual and able to apply this thinking in business
- Evidence of change management experience - this company is completely upgrading their capability, so there's lots of change to handle with existing teams, as well as embedding new ones.
- Experience with digital businesses would be a distinct advantage - e.g. firms like Google, Facebook, Skype and the likes. Or even innovative start-ups which have massive amounts of data and where that data is being used to drive the business forward and unlock potential.
For further information please contact:
You can view all our vacancies on our web site www.bluepelican.com