Analytics Manager - SAS, SQL & VBA
We're recruiting for an Analytics Manager to join a rather unique kind of digital and data centred organisation. One that offers the best of both worlds - a role working client side for an end brand owner, and the variety of working agency side, working on a variety of projects for varying brands and business types.
The reason behind this is simple, this role sits within a specialist digital arm of a big consumer brand business. This digital arm is a business in its own right, operating much like a digital agency. Creating its own revenue stream by leveraging its parent company's data asset. This data asset is also its USP, since it's both of significant scale and provides a rich profile of the target consumer, as it includes web browsing data, geo-location data, usage data and the likes. It's also encompassing tens of millions of UK consumers and billions of lines of data.
Through leveraging this data and having direct access to an opted in customer base in the tens of millions, they're able to provide both highly targeted as well as rich, unique experiences in the form of digital campaigns, created and delivered on behalf of third party brands.
The analytics team works across 3 aspects:
- Analytics insight projects for internal stakeholders - namely supporting the sales teams in providing them with solutions they can present to 3rd party brands - showcasing to those brands what can be achieved through leveraging the core data asset which holds unique information to create unique digital campaigns - enabling that 3rd party brand to engage with customers in ways that brand is unable to do on their own
- Insights projects for external clients - showing clients gaps in their customer base and showing them what customers are most likely be form the best prospects based on understanding of that customer, their interests and behaviours
- Reporting - owning, maintain and developing reporting solutions for clients. This is a largely automated solution in SAS pushing into Excel and creating VBA visualisations for internal stakeholders and external clients
This role would really suit someone who comes from a marketing analytics pedigree with a good understanding of reporting solutions. Working with large-scale data and in a complex campaigns environment.
From there, if you're looking to then grow your experience into a more analytics based manner, moving into insight, and perhaps learning modelling techniques, this should be your ideal opportunity. Since that's what this opportunity affords.
Core tools knowledge is SAS and SQL, with a good understanding of VBA for the reporting side.
If you're interested in finding out more about this role, why not apply today to find out more?
Role: Analytics Manager - SAS, SQL & VBA
Location: Central London
Salary: £50-55k base (dependant on experience)
Benefits: +£5k car allowance, 10-20% bonus & corporate benefits package which includes pension, healthcare, life assurance, and lots more.
EXPERIENCE NEEDED TO APPLY:
- Competent in the use of SAS, SQL and can do VBA
- Marketing analytics background, with experience of campaign analytics and reporting
- You've got experience working with large, complex data sets (this company is talking in the tens of millions of customers)
- If you've any experience working in the agency world, that would be ideal - but isn't a showstopper. They've been clear to say that's only a 'nice to have'
- You're comfortable working in a dynamic world and aren't a shrinking violet, so are happy working directly with sales teams - presenting ideas and translating the complexity of your work into simple to grasp concepts
- An interest in new technology and coding platforms - they're trailing R and Python, so ideally you'd be interested in expanding your own coding skills
- Got to have the right to live and work in the UK
For further information please contact:
You can view all our vacancies on our web site www.bluepelican.com