TV Visual Media Planner & Buyer
TVH Marketing Solutions are pleased to be working with a brand-new client as they embark on their new venture to secure a TV Media Planner and Buyer to join their new Start Up, based in the Thames Valley.
The TV Media Planner & Buyer must have agency experience, if they wish to join this young and ambitious financial services company.
You must have a passion for audio visual media channels and insight into how they develop with digital channels, the ideal candidate will bring their experience to this role and fit culturally with the customer focus engrained in the business.
Working closely with the Head of Direct Marketing and alongside direct and digital marketing colleagues this role will be responsible for the audio-visual planning and buying (currently focussed on response TV) and support the development of connected, multimedia campaigns.
The successful TV Media Planner & Buyer will have gained fundamental TV planning and buying experience in their current role with a media agency/owner, possibly as a TV Planner Buyer or a Cross Media Planner Buyer in which there is a heavy focus on TV.
Pre-requisite Knowledge and skills
- Strong TV media planning and delivery experience within a media agency.
- Knowledge of consumer and industry insight/planning tools e.g. TGI, NRS, BARB, RAJAR.
- Ability to extract and filter relevant insights/ research to support planning decisions.
- Interest in industry research and innovative ways of working.
- Strong negotiation skills to trade on a day to day basis.
- Audits/PRIP delivery.
- Strong familiarity and experience using Microsoft Office applications, specifically Excel.
- Flexible, enthusiastic and willing to learn new skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong attention to detail and highly organised.
- Drive, passion and innovative thinking.
- A desire to take responsibility and work on own initiative plus ability to prioritise tasks and act decisively under pressure.
- Commercial and business acumen
- Good interpersonal skills, including the ability to liaise at all levels, and collaborates with people.
- Ability to share knowledge and expertise
Duties & Responsibility
- Planning and buying of promotional campaigns.
- Develop campaign plans.
- Source unique opportunities and maintain direct media buying relationships.
- Ensure all promotional inventory is utilised to maximum efficiency.
- Consistently review effectiveness of promotional airtime and ensure that network airtime targets are met in line with annual allocations.
- Action regular assessments of campaign effectiveness to demonstrate return on marketing investment (ROMI).
In return, you have the chance to join a firm on its journey of growth and development with the chance to earn a competitive salary and benefits package.