Digital Marketing Communications Manager
Shell started operations in the United Kingdom more than 110 years ago. Since then we have grown into a leading innovative oil and gas company that rewards its employees by investing heavily in their careers and learning. Our people are our greatest asset, and our commitment to your career will see you thrive in a work environment that offers an industry-leading development programme. When your ideas travel, Shell will benefit and innovation will thrive. Shell has a key role to play in helping meet the UK’s growing energy demand, whilst using innovative technologies to develop cleaner energy. We are the largest FTSE 100 company in the UK by market capitalisation, and make a significant contribution to the UK economy. As well as processing 35% of the gas coming into the UK, we serve more than four million customers at our filling stations each week. Shell employs some 6,400 skilled staff as well as many contractors.
What’s the role?
This is a hands-on role where you will be responsible for identifying and delivering the approach for digital to meet business and communications objectives. You’ll work as part of an integrated communications team, responsible for all digital assets in advertising campaigns across the full mix of digital touch points with the customer. Your responsibility includes development of these assets with lead local markets to ensure they are fit for purpose. You will be creative, innovative, and ROI-driven, and have strong project management skills with a proven track record of driving projects from inception through to successful completion.
Your remit includes:
Support realisation of Shell's Helix digital marketing strategy including:
- Identify how the business should approach digital communications, identifying how each platform should be optimized to drive brand consideration, purchase intent and lead generation e.g. web, mobile, intranet, trade digital channels, social media and paid amplification.
- Work with local markets to then roll out this approach, localizing the global framework based on business needs, ensuring measurement is in place to monitor and measure performance; using these local deployments as case studies to roll out the approach at scale.
- Be the digital lead for development of content and asset requirements for all digital channels for global advertising campaigns; working closely with the Comms, Media, PR and CRM leads as part of an integrated comms team
- Act as the focal point within the Digital team leading our relationships with the brand and business, engaging Digital channel leads as appropriate.
- Demonstrate how digital plays a fundamental role in driving leads to sales and implement solutions that bridge between on- and off-line to enable lead management into our sales and CRM systems.
- Support local markets to implement the digital activation within global communications toolkits, and provide support for continuous optimisation and improvement based on local objectives.
What we need from you
We’re keen to hear from men and women whose CVs include the following:
- Digital communication (search engine optimisation SEO/ SEM to social media)
- Senior stakeholder management.
- Management of Social media platforms
- End-to-end campaign development & management
Key competencies required
- Builds shared vision (Mastery)
- Champions customer & stakeholder focus (Mastery)
- Maximises business opportunity (Mastery)
- Motivates, coaches and develops (Knowledge)
- Delivers results through others (Knowledge)
- Digital customer value proposition (CVP) development (Skill)
- CVP Development - Promotions (Skill)
- Generating insights (Knowledge)
- Effective messaging (Knowledge)
Shell is a company with shared values. Honesty, integrity, and respect aren't simply a strapline: they are a part of everything we do. What's more, Shell is an equal opportunities company, and we place the highest possible value on the diversity of our people and our inclusive approach.
Join us and you’ll belong to a world where you can feel pride in your achievements and propel your career with global opportunities
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Apply online via the 'Apply' button.