Web and publishing officer
- To contribute effectively towards web presence on GOV.UK and support the managing editor for the webpages. This includes playing a full part in the production and editing of content, being comfortable working in a team with a high demand for their services, and working alongside the team as they develop the organisations presence on GOV.UK so it meets more of our users' main needs.
- To ensure reports have a high-quality look and consistent style, do not contain errors, are formatted correctly and observe house-style as well as made accessible before they are uploaded to GOV.UK .
- To be able to quickly understand complex and technical information, rewrite it in plain English or politely an advise internal customers on how to enhance their written products/effectively challenge them where their documents do not do this (if their purpose is to engage an layman audience)
- To understand basic audience segmentation and be able to advise colleagues at all levels within the CMA on appropriate digital approaches to their work, including identifying communications objectives/target audiences, advising on channel usage and contributing to wider communications strategies
- To support the team in evaluating the CMA's use of various digital and social media channels/ platforms and effectiveness of content specifically generated for these channels
- To support the provision of an out of hours' service where market sensitive work requires (usually early) publication
- (desirable) be able to design and generate basic digital content such as graphics and gifs.
The successful candidate will be experienced in the below:-
- We need someone who has considerable experience of working with Adobe publishing software, a keen eye for proof-reading, knowledge of digital platforms and how to use them as effective communications channels, and is capable of multitasking and supporting a team managing a high volume of work to short deadlines. They must also be able to easily understand complex issues written in technical language and be able to translate it into plain English. They must be comfortable working at pace without making mistakes, and within a team whose services are in high demand.
- Knowledge and understanding of GOV.UK and the political, economic and legal framework
If this role is of interest please do apply ASAP with an up to date word version of your CV highlighting all your relevant experience.