Transport is a rapidly changing industry. The way people consume travel and their requirements while on the move are increasingly diverse. To maintain our position as one of the leading transport providers, our company is undergoing a Group-wide digital transformation.
Stagecoach Group consists of a number of divisions, all at different levels of digital maturity. Our core, Group-level product team has cross-functional responsibility between Stagecoach businesses and our technology teams and is responsible for finding the answers to the digital questions our businesses face.
The role will require a commercial savvy approach and where you will help deliver – and continue to evolve – a range of digital projects efficiently and effectively. The role will help drive a series of changes to improve user engagement and drive profit for Stagecoach Group. If you’re looking to work in a fast-paced, fun environment where your work will make a real difference, we would like to hear from you.
What you’ll be responsible for
- Gather requirements, working through all product features to document clear product descriptions.
- Taking full ownership of product roadmaps and feature backlogs.
- Work with project management teams to develop thorough product delivery plans and roadmaps.
- Plan, organise and participate in product presentations to key stakeholders and businesses.
- Work closely with senior management, relevant Group-wide stakeholders, project management, UX and technical teams to ensure smooth delivery of the product from defining through to launch and beyond.
- Testing delivered products to ensure they have been delivered against the defined customer and business requirements.
- Manage and working closely with external suppliers.
- Support tender processes to select key suppliers to deliver projects.
- Continuously monitor market needs and requirements, taking into account future technology / developments, competitor products / services and the changing requirements of Stagecoach customers.
Who are we looking for?
Knowledge & Experience
- Previous experience of working as a Product Manager / Owner.
- Knowledge in UX and design is essential.
- Experience of delivering digital products (web essential, app preferable).
- Experience of eCommerce products is desirable but not essential.
- Commercial acumen.
- Experience of working in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Experience of working with both third party suppliers and in-house technical teams.
- Working in a Group environment would be advantageous, but not essential.
- Experience of delivering products via agile, waterfall and hybrid project methodologies.
- Ability to manage relationships with senior stakeholders.
- Strong teamwork, co-ordination, planning and influencing skills.
- Attention to detail with the ability to quickly assimilate, sort and aggregate complex information.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, able to write clearly and interact well with all levels of audience.
- UK/US travel will be required for the role.
- Being curious and passionate about delivering your products.
- Being a positive influence on your colleagues is natural to you.
In return for your skills and experience, we’re offering a competitive salary. For the right person, as important will be the opportunity to work in a role that will have significant influence in shaping the future of our organisation while working in an industry sector at the beginning of an exciting period of transformation.
About Stagecoach Group
With a £3.8bn turnover, 39,000 employees and 4 million customer journeys each day, we are a leading international transportation group with rail, bus and coach operations across the UK, mainland Europe and North America.