Events Manager - B2B
- Develop verbal briefs into creative event proposals with measurable business objectives
- Manage multiple, complex projects simultaneously with a positive, can-do attitude
- Set, communicate and drive timelines and priorities on every project
- Suggest alternative ideas for theme, speakers, formats, timings etc..
- Gain internal sign off on event proposals and budget from the Head of Events/ key internal customers
- Identify appropriate suppliers and negotiate best price and terms
- Work with the legal team to ensure contracts are fair, and the company's liability is minimised.
- Maintain accurate and up to date budgets, ensure events are delivered within agreed budget
- Ensure events are covered by our event insurance, all legal/ health & safety obligations are fulfilled
- Venue research, site visits, liaison, negotiations and management, risk assessments
- Good knowledge and understanding of production equipment and what good value for money looks like i.e. kit requirements for basic stage set and cost.
- Effective onsite event management of all suppliers and staff
- Post event de-brief reports - budget outcome, online feedback, lessons learnt etc.
- Deliver professional and differentiated Corporate Hospitality options
- Substantial experience in delivering a wide range of corporate, in-house events (including road shows, conferences, hospitality, dinners) for a medium to large sized corporate, UK business within the professional/financial services sector.
- Experienced at managing and prioritising multiple stakeholders and a heavy workload in a calm and effective manner. Use to managing budget over £40k and attendee number over 150 per event.
- Good networker with strong connections and knowledge within the events sector - restaurants, venues, hospitality companies, event/production agencies, freelancers, photographers etc...