Head of Marketing & Brand Strategy
Head of Marketing Strategy
If strategic marketing, doing the heavy-lifting around things like the creation of new products, services and brands; covering everything from the naming of a new service offering, creative positioning, considering how it might compliment as a new service working across an existing portfolio; or successfully establish itself as a standalone offering, and be responsible for overseeing it's development, including initial brand and comms strategy with initial executions before handing over to the brand and comms teams to handle in-life… This could be just the role for you.
As the Head of Marketing and Brand Strategy for a major player in the consumer telecoms, media and technology market, this will be your remit.
This is a hugely important role leading a small direct team of senior managers, as you will be taking control of the marketing and brand strategy for the company's innovation pipeline and what will be most of their major (and some not quite so major), launches over the coming few years.
The key to this is what the convergence of fixed and mobile telecoms technology is enabling them to do. Fixed line broadband coupled with 4G (and eventually 5G) services as a combined technology offering is enabling the company to develop a broad range of new consumer services which will significantly impact and evolve what we can do, and how we do it with the internet, traditionally fixed media services (such as TV on the go) and a whole raft of other things.
This role is fantastically exciting as you will be leading the marketing and brand strategy behind this innovation pipeline. When these new services and products are being developed, deciding what they will be called, how that fits with the current compliment of services, how it will resonate and needs to be positioned to successfully communicate the benefit to the consumer in a way which excites. Seeing through the development of all go to market work and getting even the brand communications strategies implemented right to and including launch campaigns which could be a mix of ATL and BTL.
It's going to be a busy time. There's already a pipeline of products and services in play. Some are closer to completion than others, and this means you will need to have really solid stakeholder skills in managing expectations of what is a large and diverse stakeholder group. As well as project management skills in overseeing each of these, ensuring deadlines are met and your team is well aligned to meet business objectives.
Being the functional lead, your stakeholders will be Directors and even Board members within this organisation. You will be leading on the strategy behind some of the companies most important launch pieces, so your work is going to be a really high visibility in the business.
If you're interested in finding out more about this opportunity, why not contact Colin Doree at Blue Pelican today?
Role: Head of Marketing & Brand Strategy - Brand & Propositions
Salary: £80,000 to £85,000
Benefits: ~£5k car allowance, 15% on target bonus, pension, healthcare, life assurance and blue-chip benefits package
- Broad marketing pedigree established in complex consumer service industries - such as consumer telecoms, media, technology, financial services, insurance, etc. etc.
- You've worked on big brand launch work for products and services before
- You've dealt on naming products, looking at brand architectures and strategy
- Great eye for insight and how to apply this in creating positioning which resonates with consumers
- You're the strategy side of marketing, not delivery focused. This role needs someone who's more strategy and direction rather than execution of brand communications, for example
- You're stronger with the big picture, how things bolt together in complex brand frameworks - understanding the impact a new product and brand will have on others in an existing portfolio whether it's a standalone offering, or a complimentary one which sits across other existing products and services
- A previous pedigree in large-scale, multi-channel TTL marketing campaigns in a major consumer facing business will be useful when complimenting the above
- Strong leadership skills and also stakeholder management experience with Director calibre individuals
- Great project management skills, able to juggle lots of different priorities at once and successfully achieve results
- Must have the necessary visas to live and work in the UK - sponsorship cannot be provided.
For further information please contact:
Managing Consultant - Blue Pelican Marketing
You can view all our vacancies on our web site www.bluepelican.com, or call and ask for the marketing division.