Content Writer (Blog, Social, Copywriter)
Position: Content Producer & Social & Blog Copywriter
Reports to: Senior Digital Marketing Manager
This is an exciting opportunity to join our Marketing Team reporting into the Senior Digital Marketing Manager with a dotted line to the Head of PR & Communications.
This role is critical in the execution and development of our brand. You will be responsible for reflecting our brand guidelines and tone of voice for all digital marketing materials and other marketing collateral.
You will be a brand guardian, and owner of all content creation and our written brand voice in conjunction with Agencies as necessary.
We’re looking for a highly organized, strong communicator who will oversee Social Media campaigns which include but are not limited to: research, campaign & content creation, execution, monitoring and reporting.
You will also manage our Blog and work closely with the wider Digital team to support our website content. A knowledge of some SEO best practices is also helpful but not a requirement (we can teach) as it is correlated to items we do in the social media and SEO space.
You will have a passion for home interiors, style and trends.
The role will also support the wider PR agenda and include areas such as Charity support, Retail & people awards, in store collateral and more.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Increase traffic to the website using SEO, Google Analytics and social media campaigns.
- Work closely with the wider marketing team to ensure an integrated brand positioning including tone of voice and language.
- Write, edit and publish high quality website content from About Us pages to care guides to the Blog.
- Create and share relevant content through our various social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, You Tube and Pinterest -
- drive target customer clicks, share ability, engagement and reach in line with the overall commercial and brand strategy
- Manage the online communities and grow followers/fan base across all platforms to an on-target quality audience seeking quality products and experiences.
- Be responsible for social listening, reporting on KPIs and providing analysis.
- Execute plans to support new product launches, competitions and company PR initiatives
- Work closely with the paid-for Digital marketing team and the wider Digital and Ecommerce colleagues to help amplify our consumer PR, online PR and SEO
- Liaise with buying and merchandising teams to ensure all information online is accurate and highlights each product’s best features.
- Amend revise or redevelop content or campaigns in response to feedback from the Digital department, commercial team or other areas of the business.
- Understand what good content looks and feels like across various formats and channels and play an active role in quality control to help maintain the integrity of the brand.
- Stay current and share latest social media trends, new technologies, and best practice and implement these initiatives when appropriate.
- Attend events to capture LivingSocial experiences for our social media channels.
- Act as a brand ambassador communicating in a professional but unique social media "voice" through copy writing and content sharing.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced team environment with a dynamic mix of website experts, offline marketing experts and Agency partners.
- Bring passion for great editorial with the ability to turn technical content into something compelling and that the customer can understand.
- Support charity partner activity through internal and customer communications.
- Support Head of PR & Communications with integrated consumer PR campaigns, awards submissions, photo shoots and more.
What You'll Need
- Excellent writing and editing skills, with the ability to turn technical content into compelling and engaging copy
- Exceptional grammar and attention to detail
- Passion for Home Interiors is desirable
- 3-5 years’ experience working in a similar field from agency, media house, freelance or other
- Experience managing Social Media channels
- Proven success with social media campaigns and/or PR management
- Knowledge and experience with common monitoring and reporting tools for Social Media and PR
- Project management skills to manage editorial schedules and competing deadlines
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Comfortable presenting and defending ideas
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, individually and also as part of a team
- Experience of working as a journalist and/or online blogger (desirable)
- Experience of WordPress CMS systems (desirable)
- Knowledge and experience of SEO best practice (desirable)
- Experience of developing copy for paid advertising programmes in social (desirable)
We’re honest and straightforward
We care about our customers and colleagues
We make things easy