Insight Analyst (SQL experience needed) - Post-Graduate opp...
Marketing and Analysis is a unique department that seeks to set strategic business direction through combing strategic, traditional marketing and statistical techniques into making integrated decisions.
As a graduate here you will be focusing on driving both product innovation and business strategy. You're likely to be involved in a whole range of activities - such as assessing product profitability to TV and internet marketing campaigns. You might perform market analysis or learn how we use advanced statistics techniques to understand consumers better.
Alternatively, you could be part of an Analyst group outside of just Marketing and Analysis looking at long-term strategies for the business or involved in the operational side, understanding how the business works and how might be possible to improve processes through data insight - looking at things like Decision Sciences to understand how to achieve the nirvana of true omni-channel personalisation (on, offline, on the phone or in store) or even doing clever things in machine learning and Data Sciences, looking to support the innovation lab as they look at new data sources and techniques, in how they might be used to give a commercial or competitive advantage.
Insight Analysts are thinkers and strategists. Your role will be to identify ways to optimise the business and come up with ideas that'll shape the future the telecoms and media industry. To do that, you'll have access to in-depth information about customer behaviour, and support from some of the brightest senior people in the industry.
About the Company
A massive consumer brand within the telecoms and media industry. They're an innovator and a continuously evolving beast, reflective of the dynamic market they're not just a part of, but are really helping shape the future of.
You will be joining a large team and be part of the development of a 'future talent' data and analytics hub which is looking to engage the UK's best, brightest and most inquisitive minds, serious about a career within the data and analytics industry, and a keen interest in consumers and their behaviour to become a part of this.
Role: Insight Analyst
Salary: £27,000 - £35,000
Benefits: 10% bonus, pension, flex-bens package, 25 days leave
- Numerical degree, with at least a 2:1 BSc - MSc is preferred - from a reputable University
- A-level Maths (grade A required)
- Candidate's with some commercial experience within the customer/marketing data analysis field welcome
- (Must have) SQL coding experience
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, with ability to engage with managers
- Experienced in analysing large databases, making sense of it.
- Exposure to R, Oracle data miner and Hadoop (Mapreduce, Spark etc), would be useful
- Real keen eye for detail
- Have a strong ability to manage his or her own time effectively and be a self-starter
- Gregarious personality - you thrive in collaborative working environments rather than working in silo
- Must have the necessary visas to live and work in the UK - sponsorship cannot be provided.
For further information please contact:
Managing Consultant - Blue Pelican Marketing
01892 507 100
You can view all our vacancies on our web site www.bluepelican.com, or call 01892 507 100 and ask for the marketing division.